Questions questions questions

Old Sep 3rd 2010, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

marknh is just really nicemarknh is just really nicemarknh is just really nicemarknh is just really nicemarknh is just really nicemarknh is just really nicemarknh is just really nicemarknh is just really nice
Default Questions questions questions

Hello All

Im sorry to ask another question

I have today sent my passport to the Canadian High Commisson in london from the request via email yesterday. How long is this likely to take to process as it would seem that i have to land by the 10/12/2010 and i need to book a flight. I am only able to stay a day as I am holidaying the following week at the same place and I cant stay for the whole duration.

Can anyone tell me what they will require?. I will be giving them my inlaws address who are Canadian.

Myself and my partner and children will not be moving until Dec 2012 so will I have to explain that.

Last thing...I promise..Should I start celebrating or am I too early?.

Thanks for all your help and support.

Mark
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 5:04 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions questions questions

Originally Posted by marknh
Hello All

Im sorry to ask another question

I have today sent my passport to the Canadian High Commisson in london from the request via email yesterday. How long is this likely to take to process as it would seem that i have to land by the 10/12/2010 and i need to book a flight. I am only able to stay a day as I am holidaying the following week at the same place and I cant stay for the whole duration.

Can anyone tell me what they will require?. I will be giving them my inlaws address who are Canadian.

Myself and my partner and children will not be moving until Dec 2012 so will I have to explain that.

Last thing...I promise..Should I start celebrating or am I too early?.

Thanks for all your help and support.

Mark
Crack that bottle

You dont need to tell them you intend to leave, its not important.

Cant help with passport turnaround times, but I think it prettty fast.

Canada is ambigous about date formats...is 10/12 10Dec or 12Oct? Either way should be safe enough I think.

They may require proof of funds if you dont have arranged employment, plus landing is the time to hand over the goods to follow form, you only get one bite of the cherry.

There are plenty of old "landing experience" threads to look through, and the CIC site and wiki probably have something too.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

marknh is just really nicemarknh is just really nicemarknh is just really nicemarknh is just really nicemarknh is just really nicemarknh is just really nicemarknh is just really nicemarknh is just really nice

Hi I have been looking through some of the posts and Im scared whitless

I will be booking a flight for me in November and stay for 2 nights. My partner is Canadian and my child have been approved as Canadian Citizens.

I would take my visas and anything else they send me to take, with the visa
Copy of Mortgage statement and current valuation
Canadian Bank account details, with canadian credit card
Copy of marriage certificate

As we will not be going to live permantly for atleast 18 months as we have stuff to tie up, do i need to provide a list of what we are bringing?

Also proof of funds as most of ours are tied up in the house.

Please could someone tell me what else i need

Thanks
Old Sep 4th 2010, 6:09 am
FSW Cat 1

amrskipro is an unknown quantity at this point

I landed yesterday - only had passport, PR form thingy (confirmation of permanent residence which has your photo on it) from CIC and form B4 (CBSA - Goods to follow on) with a typed list and a house inventory attached, also had letter sized photo inventory (19 pages) with four photos per page of jewellery and other personal items as we had been advised that they (CBSA) can get picky about whether or not high value personal items were included on the form B4 (Goods to Follow on).

I was asked the crime/ arrest question, needed a Canadian address and was asked what my/ our world wide worth/ assets were. Other than no questions.

CBSA Form B4: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publicati.../menu-eng.html

Good luck