Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Questions for Mr. A. Miller and other experts ...

Questions for Mr. A. Miller and other experts ...

Old Feb 15th 2002, 9:25 am
Myna

Default Questions for Mr. A. Miller and other experts ...

I have applied for Canadian immigration in Nov 2001 in Romania as an independent. I
am in Canada as a visitor since June 2001. I intend to get married here in Canada. If
I get married will affect my application in any way? Can I transfer my file from
Romania here and to change from independent immigrant to sponsorship or is there any
other way so I don't have to leave Canada and to have the wright to work her while my
application is processed? Or is it better for my husband to apply to sponsor from
within Canada( a different file)?

Thank you.

Myna

Old Feb 15th 2002, 9:45 am
Andrew Miller

Default Re: Questions for Mr. A. Miller and other experts ...

There is probably no chance to have your application approved in Bucharest for
another year and a half or even longer (if at all), so if you are getting married in
Canada then I strongly suggest to withdraw the application from Bucharest and to file
the spousal application from within Canada immediately after getting marriage
certificate. It is a different process and you can't transfer your application from
Bucharest to Canada.

After filing inland spousal application you'll get approval in principle in about 3+
months and then you will be eligible to apply for open Employment Authorization. Just
make sure that you apply for extension of your visitor visa at least 30 days before
it expires, as many times as needed - you can't be out of status for the entire
duration of the process which may take well over a year to conclude. But you'll be in
Canada with your husband and you'll be able to work after getting open EA.

You may contact me directly if you need more assistance.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
millercicanada.com (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

"Myna" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I have applied for Canadian immigration in Nov 2001 in Romania as an independent. I
    > am in Canada as a visitor since June 2001. I intend to get married here in Canada.
    > If I get married will affect my application in any way? Can I transfer my file from
    > Romania here and to change from independent immigrant to sponsorship or is there
    > any other way so I don't have to leave Canada and to have the wright to work her
    > while my application is processed? Or is it better for my husband to apply to
    > sponsor from within Canada( a different file)?
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Myna