Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Questions in filling PR Form, after PNP LOA

Questions in filling PR Form, after PNP LOA

Old May 20th 2012, 12:42 am
BE Enthusiast

lovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant future
Default Questions in filling PR Form, after PNP LOA

Hello everyone,

We have received our PNP from Manitoba this week; and are in process of filling up the application forms for CIC.
We face some questions in the forms, listed below. Was wondering if someone can guide us to proper solutions.

To give you a background - Our application include my husband as primary applicant and myself as secondary applicant (no kids.. just the 2 of us).

Questions / concerns from us:-

1) The document checklist suggests that we need to attach following documents along with our application -
- Photocopies of passport front and last pages for both.
- Birth Certificates for both of us;
- Marriage Certificate

(a) What about the education certificates, bank certificates and work experience letters? Are we not supposed to submit them to CIC along with PR application?
(b) I suppose we need to notorize all of those listed documents required by CIC... I hope correct?

2) The document checklist also says to attach - "Certificate of Nomination - Copy"; whereas the LOA suggests to send it in original on top of application set. This is a conflict of statement. What shall we do?

3) In the main PR application form - IMM0008ENU_2D - we have to fill a field : "Immigration Office requested for processing this application". Should we enter full address for the local CIC office of India or simply the city & country for office?

4) There is a section in "Background Information form" (form# IMM5669E) in which we have to mention all of our activity starting age 18 or past 10 yrs which ever comes first. There was a period of 2 years while I was working and studying Post Graduate part time. How shall I mention this event in the form? Shall I record it in one single row; or shall I show this info in 2 separate rows?

5) While entering the information for address and job, how shall we show "Present" in the "to YYYYMM" fields? This field accepts only numbers. The options that I can think of are:-
(a) Enter a month 5 months from now : e.g. 2012 10
(b) Or just write "Present" with black pen after the print out.
Old May 20th 2012, 6:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future
Default Re: Questions in filling PR Form, after PNP LOA

Hi Lovely_clouds,

Hopefully can help a little with a few of these. My advice would be to have a look at the guidelines and checklist. It says to send only what is asked for, however this changed a couple of times when we were applying so keep an eye on it. Have not read it in a few weeks.

1a. You only include what is asked for, no education certs etc, unless specifically asked for - thats what we did as when looked at the guidelines it says this also.

b. I believe this is if the documents have been translated to English - not 100% sure - check the guide and Im sure others will be of more help with this.

2. We sent copies only and still have the original.

3. Where is is going after Nova Scotia? Ours was going to the London offices so we put the address of this on the forms. Again, not sure for you, will be on the CIC website for sure or again someone from your Country will be able to help more than me.

4. I put from-to dates and then listed the work/study with addresses and role (I think - will check it and get back to you)

5. Think I left it blank and made it clear in the detail.

Will check a couple of things and get back to you. Have returned your pm however its a little repetitive .

Good luck with your application and it really is very little documents compared to the amount we took with us on the exploratory visit, was quite surprised. My advice would be to go through the guidelines and the check list when doing each document. .
Old May 20th 2012, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

Hey lovely_clouds,
let's see if I can be of any help...violets covered already most of it.

Originally Posted by lovely_clouds
Hello everyone,

We have received our PNP from Manitoba this week; and are in process of filling up the application forms for CIC.
We face some questions in the forms, listed below. Was wondering if someone can guide us to proper solutions.

To give you a background - Our application include my husband as primary applicant and myself as secondary applicant (no kids.. just the 2 of us).

Questions / concerns from us:-

1) The document checklist suggests that we need to attach following documents along with our application -
- Photocopies of passport front and last pages for both.
- Birth Certificates for both of us;
- Marriage Certificate

(a) What about the education certificates, bank certificates and work experience letters? Are we not supposed to submit them to CIC along with PR application?
not needed anymore as nominee (but as violet said, they have been changing this around, so before you send everything off, compare once more and use the checklist for Nominees
(b) I suppose we need to notorize all of those listed documents required by CIC... I hope correct?
copies if in english, otherwise notarized translation with copies of original

2) The document checklist also says to attach - "Certificate of Nomination - Copy"; whereas the LOA suggests to send it in original on top of application set. This is a conflict of statement. What shall we do? That's new to me too, but as you are applying to CIC, CIC rules. If they want a copy, give them a copy.

3) In the main PR application form - IMM0008ENU_2D - we have to fill a field : "Immigration Office requested for processing this application". Should we enter full address for the local CIC office of India or simply the city & country for office? city/country is good enough

4) There is a section in "Background Information form" (form# IMM5669E) in which we have to mention all of our activity starting age 18 or past 10 yrs which ever comes first. There was a period of 2 years while I was working and studying Post Graduate part time. How shall I mention this event in the form? Shall I record it in one single row; or shall I show this info in 2 separate rows? I would show it in 2 rows, make sure you put behind both "part time"

5) While entering the information for address and job, how shall we show "Present" in the "to YYYYMM" fields? This field accepts only numbers. The options that I can think of are:-
(a) Enter a month 5 months from now : e.g. 2012 10
(b) Or just write "Present" with black pen after the print out.
either as violet said, leave it blank and explain "present" in next line ...or (and think that's what I would do, write it with pencil in afterwards)
Old May 20th 2012, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

lovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant future

Thanks @violets, @manitobain

We have almost finished our documentation. Will do as suggested here by you for the doubts. Now only the police clearance certificate is left.

Regards.