Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Questions concerning AEO, is one need or not?

Questions concerning AEO, is one need or not?

Old Nov 16th 2009, 2:50 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Questions concerning AEO, is one need or not?

I feel like it's one step forward and three steps back with this whole PR application. Just when I thought I had cracked it.

The last time we applied for PR via Skilled Worker cat 2 we got declined. I thought it was because we ommitted to send the LMO and the letter wasn't quite worded correct. Now I'm thinking we might need to get the company to apply for an AEO. To be honest I'm confussed.

In the e-mail we received it states:

The minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism issued instructions which were published in the Canada Gazette on November 28, 2008. These instructions specify that only applicants who have an offer of Arranged employment, applicants who are legally residing in Canada for at least one year as a TFW or an International student, or applicants who have work experience in a certain listed occupations are eligible to be processed in the FSW class.

Although you have indicated that you have an offer of employment in Canada approved by HRSDC you have not provided a letter of permenent employment from your employer indicating that you will be employed permanently upon receiving PR status. This employment offer must be accompanied by a HRSDC confirmation letter and must correspond to Skill Type Level o 1 or B of the NOC.

Is the HRSDC confirmation letter the AEO?

My husbands occupation is classed as A

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/...spx?val65=2131

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/...ml/Matrix.html

But later in the e-mail it states that

these occupations are not included on the list of eligible occupations specified in the instuctions identified by the minister if Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the Canada Gazette on the 28th November.

So they say he isn't on the NOC list when he is and I need to know do we have to get the AEO or not.

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/ENG/WORKPLACE...poarremp.shtml

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplace...s/emp5275e.pdf

Any help will be very gratefully received.

Signed by a rather confussed member on the BE forum.

Last edited by Cassie 10000; Nov 16th 2009 at 2:54 pm.
Old Nov 16th 2009, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Questions concerning AEO, is one need or not?

It is my understanding that an LMO and an AEO are different.

AFAIK you need:

1. AEO
2. A letter from your employer stating that you will be employed on a permanent basis.

If you sent your LMO, then that is what you've probably done wrong.
Old Nov 16th 2009, 3:34 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cassie 10000
I think you have this right.

So they say he isn't on the NOC list when he is and I need to know do we have to get the AEO or not.
It is not about the NOC list. They are saying that your OH's occupation is not on THE LIST of 38 occupations. Applicants with occupations on THE LIST do not need an arranged employment to be granted PR. If your OH's occupation is not on THE LIST, but is nevertheless is a Skill Type 0, A or B then he must submit a written job offer and an Arranged Employment Opinion with his application.
Old Nov 16th 2009, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

lucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud of

Is your husband currently working in Canada? If so then all you needed to do was send the application including the offer letter of permanent employment from your husbands employer AND the LMO (this is your HRSDC confirmation).

If your husband is NOT working in Canada currently and doesn't have an LMO then the employers needs to apply for an AEO which you would then include in the application to prove arranged employment.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 2:02 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

In the e-mail we received it states:

The minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism issued instructions which were published in the Canada Gazette on November 28, 2008. These instructions specify that only applicants who have an offer of Arranged employment, applicants who are legally residing in Canada for at least one year as a TFW or an International student, or applicants who have work experience in a certain listed occupations are eligible to be processed in the FSW class.

That is what you have!

Although you have indicated that you have an offer of employment in Canada approved by HRSDC you have not provided a letter of permenent employment from your employer indicating that you will be employed permanently upon receiving PR status. This employment offer must be accompanied by a HRSDC confirmation letter and must correspond to Skill Type Level o 1 or B of the NOC.

Stating that they would employ Neil on an indeterminate basis if granted PR.

YES, but can also be the LMO as it came from HRSDC. There is AEO which is Arranged Employment Opinion (Letter supporting foreign nationals applying for PR) and Arranged Employment (having a job offer).

My husbands occupation is classed as A
But later in the e-mail it states that
these occupations are not included on the list of eligible occupations specified in the instuctions identified by the minister if Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the Canada Gazette on the 28th November.

List of 38 occupations that enable people to apply FSW 1. You are FSW 2.

No, they are saying that he is not eligible to apply as FSW 1, which is fine as you are applying under FSW 2.
This is the checklist http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5612E.PDF you should be following, look at section 9 it says either, it does not say both.....
We sent the letter off Chris's employer, LMO and a copy of the WP, we are progressing through the system.
I think you are being confused by the different way the system would treat you if you were applying from England.

Charlie

This is the AEO information...... http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplace...s/emp5275e.pdf

Last edited by purple80; Nov 17th 2009 at 2:41 am.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 2:19 am

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

I think the penny has dropped

You must submit a letter from your employer and either of the documents listed below.

Work permit and letter should be enough but sending LMO is like additional back up?

so because we didn't have the letter worded properly the first time, that's why we were turned down.

Whats confused matters is this letter we received from them in the same paragraph:

You have not provided a letter of Permanent employment from your employer indicating that you will be employed permanently upon receiving PR. This employment off must be accompanied by a HRSDC confirmation letter and must correspond to skill type 0 A or B.

The confirmation letter part confussed me, and to be honest they haven't really made things very clear.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 11:45 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the penny has dropped

You must submit a letter from your employer and either of the documents listed below.

Work permit and letter should be enough but sending LMO is like additional back up?

so because we didn't have the letter worded properly the first time, that's why we were turned down.

Whats confused matters is this letter we received from them in the same paragraph:

You have not provided a letter of Permanent employment from your employer indicating that you will be employed permanently upon receiving PR. This employment off must be accompanied by a HRSDC confirmation letter and must correspond to skill type 0 A or B.

The confirmation letter part confussed me, and to be honest they haven't really made things very clear.
Correct Cassie,
You need to make sure that the letter contains the correct wording.....Copy of the WP and as I said we included the LMO as well.
Good luck!