Wikiposts

Questions asked at immigration

Old Dec 30th 2004, 4:20 am
Delbert

alan dell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Questions asked at immigration

Hello Everyone,

We are traveling to Toronto in January for a few days,having our visa's stamped as landed immigrants(applying for pr cards) then returning(to sort some problems over here).
What questions are asked and what proof of funds do I require?
Old Dec 30th 2004, 6:37 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions asked at immigration

Hi

Originally Posted by alan dell
Hello Everyone,

We are traveling to Toronto in January for a few days,having our visa's stamped as landed immigrants(applying for pr cards) then returning(to sort some problems over here).
What questions are asked and what proof of funds do I require?
You require funds are per http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled/qual-4.html for the size of your family. You are going to need a Canadian address for your PR card, or supply one within 180 days. You will need a list of goods accompanying and goods to follow for customs.

PMM
Old Dec 31st 2004, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

rahul_singh23 will become famous soon enoughrahul_singh23 will become famous soon enough

As per my understanding if you are driving from usa then you can show ATM bank receipt of same day with latest bank statement for required fund. You donot need to carry all the money or draft.

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

You require funds are per http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled/qual-4.html for the size of your family. You are going to need a Canadian address for your PR card, or supply one within 180 days. You will need a list of goods accompanying and goods to follow for customs.

PMM
Old Dec 31st 2004, 5:05 am
Forum Regular

nervous_wreck is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi PMM,
i noticed u mentioned the clause regarding supplying a canadian address within 180 days..i assume its okay if i do it on the internet thru the cic website. i already did it and they have indeed upgraded it..i hope to get the pr card within a month now...hopefully
lemme know on this one
thx