Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Questions asked at canada port of entry after approved Criminal Rehabilitation

Questions asked at canada port of entry after approved Criminal Rehabilitation

Old Sep 4th 2010, 12:05 am
Just Joined

Battmann is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Questions asked at canada port of entry after approved Criminal Rehabilitation

I just got approval on my criminal rehabilitation application and have a question. Do the immigration agents at the airport still ask about your prior conviction(s) even after you're approved through this process or do they turn a blind eye and just say have a nice day after asking other generic questions, being that they have your entire history in front of them on file? I will be travelling to Canada next Spring with my 11 year old son and just not want to answer any past criminal question in front of him. Hey, isn't that why you apply for the rehab beforehand?

Can someone share their experience on entering Canada after getting their criminal rehabilitation approved.
What kind of questions did they asked you. Do you have to travel with the approved rehab letter of is it already dcoumented with your profile.
Old Sep 4th 2010, 12:25 am
Just Joined

richardfowkes1974 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Questions asked at canada port of entry after approved Criminal Rehabilitation

Be prepared to be asked if you have ever had any problems with the police anywhere in the world at any time, this may or may not be qualified with 'that we are not aware of'. I would just ask your son to take a seat somewhere out of earshot. Always carry a copy of you rehabilitation letter just incase their computers are not working.
Old Sep 4th 2010, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

dietswork is just really nicedietswork is just really nicedietswork is just really nicedietswork is just really nicedietswork is just really nicedietswork is just really nicedietswork is just really nicedietswork is just really nice
Default Re: Questions asked at canada port of entry after approved Criminal Rehabilitation

My understanding is they don't ask you about criminal activity at initial inspection. They may take you aside and ask you in private. This is to prevent problems such as family/friends overhearing.

That understanding is based on reading the actual inspection procedures, which I currently can't find on my PC.