Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Questions about Permanent Residence Application

Wikiposts

Questions about Permanent Residence Application

Old Jan 16th 2008, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

craigrushforth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Questions about Permanent Residence Application

Hi Guys,

I'm about to start my application process for permanent residence and I was wondering if anyone could answer a few questions before I get started. I don't want to add an extra few months to the processing time just because I sent off the wrong forms.

Here's my current situation:

I'm currently in Canada on a 3yr work permit (with about 1 & 1/2 years left). My wife is a Canadian citizen (born and raised here) and I have a daughter born in Canada.

My first question is which route should I take when applying for permanent residence? Should I go the Family Class sponsorship route? or Skilled Worker route? Which would be the quickest and easiest

Also, as I'm currently in Canada, should I submit my application to the office in Buffalo or the offices London, England?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Craig
Old Jan 16th 2008, 2:24 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Questions about Permanent Residence Application

Take the spousal sponsorship from abroad route and indicate in the application that you want your PR case to be processed in London.

Both packages, sponsorship application and your PR application go together with all supporting evidence to Mississauga. Then, after about 30 days your wife's application to sponsor gets approved and Mississauga forwards your PR part to London as per your request.

If all is perfectly prepared and conclusively documented you may expect passport request from London in 2 to 4 months later.