Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Questions about FSW form IMM0008 3E

Wikiposts

Questions about FSW form IMM0008 3E

Old Jun 28th 2010, 11:19 pm
Just Joined

WellyNZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Questions about FSW form IMM0008 3E

Hello all,

I'm putting in my application for permanent residency for Canada and have a question about the Schedule 3 Economic Classes - Federal Skilled Workers form.

Question 11 asks about my work experience and says "Starting with your current occupation, list your occupations within the 10 years preceding the date of your application. Give for each the appropriate National Occupational Classification code (NOC), the number of years of continuous full-time or equivalent part-time experience and a description of your main duties. List only occupations that fall in Skill Type 0 or Skill Levels A or B of the NOC."

I'm a little confused by this as I've had a number of different jobs (have worked contracts) in the same skills area. Do I tot up the total number of years and enter it in a single item or should I list each individual job I've had? I could put down each individual job but I've had quite a few and they've all basically consisted of the same kind of work.

Secondly, it talks about Skill Type 0/Skill Levels A or B. I'm a web developer/software developer and I'm listed on the NOC website under Unit Group 2175 however I can't see if this is related to Skill Levels A or B, it's definitely not Skill Type 0. I can't in fact find a list of jobs related to Skill Levels A or B!

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Alastair

Edit. I come under skill level A. Just found me http://www.soscanada2000.com/migrati...killevl/a.html
Old Jun 29th 2010, 1:00 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions about FSW form IMM0008 3E

Hi there, and welcome to the forum.

Are you applying as a Skilled Worker with arranged employment?

Old Jun 29th 2010, 1:22 am
BE Enthusiast

crazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nice

Originally Posted by WellyNZ
I'm listed on the NOC website under Unit Group 2175
NOC 2175 is not on the current eligibility list, it wasn't on the old one either. You are not eligible to apply without arranged employment if you don't have qualified experience in one of the 29 occupations listed here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...tions.asp#list
Old Jun 29th 2010, 1:34 am
Just Joined

WellyNZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah, no. No offer of skilled employment. I suppose that should be my first port of call then. To try and get a job! Must speak to my contacts out in Vancouver and see what they have to say.

Cheers for your setting me straight

Welly
Old Jun 29th 2010, 1:48 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, to be eligible as a Skilled Worker without arranged employment, you need to be in a job on the list of 29, plus of course meet the points requirement, have proof of funds, no criminal record, pass the medical etc.

If you aren't in a job on the list of 29 then you need arranged employment to qualify as a Skilled Worker, so would need a job offer and AEO.

But few employers will be prepared to wait the year or so for you to get over there on a SW visa, so you may have to consider going on a Temp Work Permit first.

Hope that helps, if anything is unclear then have a look in the Wiki (on blue bar at top of page) which will explain it all.

Good luck.