Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Questions about BC PNP common law immigration

Questions about BC PNP common law immigration

Old Apr 18th 2010, 6:35 am
Just Joined

zongzong is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Questions about BC PNP common law immigration

Hi all. I have a few questions about BC PNP common law immigration.
-what is the lowest school mark to qualify for PNP immigration?
I have heard people applied with around 65 and passed it.
-is it possible for me to go with my girlfriend with comon law? She just got a job and I am still an student.
-How long is it gonna take?

Thank you all.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 12:30 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions about BC PNP common law immigration

Originally Posted by zongzong
Hi all. I have a few questions about BC PNP common law immigration.
-what is the lowest school mark to qualify for PNP immigration?
I have heard people applied with around 65 and passed it.
-is it possible for me to go with my girlfriend with comon law? She just got a job and I am still an student.
-How long is it gonna take?

Thank you all.
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Bit confused, which stream of BC PNP are you applying under? Which points are you referring to?

And when you say 'common law', how long have you lived together with your girlfriend?

Old Apr 19th 2010, 5:14 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Bit confused, which stream of BC PNP are you applying under? Which points are you referring to?

And when you say 'common law', how long have you lived together with your girlfriend?

Sorry about not stating my situition clearly.
She is working as an accounts payable, so I am assuming its the accounting part.
We have been together for almost 3 years, and living together for 2.5 years.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 5:47 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zongzong
Sorry about not stating my situition clearly.
She is working as an accounts payable, so I am assuming its the accounting part.
We have been together for almost 3 years, and living together for 2.5 years.
Nope, sorry, still confused! Is she already working in BC? Or does she just have a job offer?

Trying to figure out which stream you're applying under as I didn't understand your question about points (to my knowledge, no points are required for BC PNP so wondered if you were referring to a Skilled Worker visa - which does require 67 points or more?). Is it the Strategic Occupations stream?

But whatever visa route it is, you'll be able to accompany her as you'll be able to go on her visa application as her common-law spouse as you've lived together for a year or more.

Old Apr 19th 2010, 6:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Nope, sorry, still confused! Is she already working in BC? Or does she just have a job offer?

Trying to figure out which stream you're applying under as I didn't understand your question about points (to my knowledge, no points are required for BC PNP so wondered if you were referring to a Skilled Worker visa - which does require 67 points or more?). Is it the Strategic Occupations stream?

But whatever visa route it is, you'll be able to accompany her as you'll be able to go on her visa application as her common-law spouse as you've lived together for a year or more.

Yeah. She is working right now as an accounts payable clerk.
I heard that the lowest school mark to qualify for applying PNP is around 65 but I am not sure as the official website states that with school mark over 70 to be qualified.

Well, thank you since you have answered my questions already.
By the way, do you know how long is it going to take?