Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Question on Work Experience... please advise

Question on Work Experience... please advise

Old Jun 27th 2004, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

didik will become famous soon enough
Default Question on Work Experience... please advise

Please advise me....thanks.

I was previously employed in a position which had wider responsibility than NOC's description. I was previously a recruitment, personnel, training and general affairs officer.
For immigration I am planning to claim position of "recruitment and personnel officer". I handled almost all task of recruitment and personnel officer described by NOC. However, on the top of that I also had other responsibiliteis (ie training and general affairs).

If I my divide my work responsibility: 75% of my work was in area of recruitment and personnel; while 25% was in the area of training and general affairs.

Do you see feasible problems?
Old Jun 28th 2004, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

Xylene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question on Work Experience... please advise

Originally posted by didik
Please advise me....thanks.

I was previously employed in a position which had wider responsibility than NOC's description. I was previously a recruitment, personnel, training and general affairs officer.
For immigration I am planning to claim position of "recruitment and personnel officer". I handled almost all task of recruitment and personnel officer described by NOC. However, on the top of that I also had other responsibiliteis (ie training and general affairs).

If I my divide my work responsibility: 75% of my work was in area of recruitment and personnel; while 25% was in the area of training and general affairs.

Do you see feasible problems?
seems fine to me. the rules are vague
and here is what CIC operations manual has to say

"Note: Neither the NOC nor the Regulations distinguish between “essential� and “non-essential�
duties or provide guidance as to what constitutes a “substantial number�. This is left as a
matter for assessment on a case-by-case basis. If officers have concerns about whether or
not the applicant has carried out “a substantial number of the essential duties,� they should
give the applicant an opportunity to respond to these concerns."

"Note: While the Regulations clearly place responsibility on applicants to undertake research of the
NOC and provide the NOC coding for the Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A and B occupations in
which they claim qualifying experience, officers are expected to exercise some discretion
where applicants may have made minor errors or omissions in correlating work experience
and NOC coding."
Old Jun 29th 2004, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

didik will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Question on Work Experience... please advise

Thanks for the comment Xylene. However, I also need comments from Experts: Mr. Miller or Mr. Humphries.

Experts pleaseeee comment.