Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Question on returning of passport...

Wikiposts

Question on returning of passport...

Old Jan 9th 2005, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

Fiona Shearer has a spectacular aura aboutFiona Shearer has a spectacular aura aboutFiona Shearer has a spectacular aura about
Question Question on returning of passport...

Hi!

I don't know if this question has been answered in a previous thread but if someone could shed some light I would appreciate it. My husband (Scottish) and I (Canadian) are (still) in the process of gathering all our info together for spousal sponsorship and we were just wondering about documents being sent back to us... in particular my husband's passport. We had wanted to send our application asap but have also planned a trip to Canada in July - So my question is will CIC send us back his passport once they receive it and do what ever they do with it or will they keep it until the whole process is hopefully okayed? We really didn't want to have to wait until we return from Canada to send our application as it is just postponing something we both really want sooner rather than later.

Thank you in advance for any info.
Old Jan 9th 2005, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

Jassy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question on returning of passport...

They ask for your passport when is time to get visa, not during your process. Once you mail the passport, your husband should have it back within 4 weeks.
Old Jan 9th 2005, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

Fiona Shearer has a spectacular aura aboutFiona Shearer has a spectacular aura aboutFiona Shearer has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Jassy
They ask for your passport when is time to get visa, not during your process. Once you mail the passport, your husband should have it back within 4 weeks.
Thanks so much for the quick response! That is great news as I was under the impression that we had to send his passport with the application form. I've just doubled checked the checklist and realize now that it is just a copy of the page showing all details they need with application form (am I understanding that correctly?) Thanks again!
Old Jan 9th 2005, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

Jassy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fiona Shearer
Thanks so much for the quick response! That is great news as I was under the impression that we had to send his passport with the application form. I've just doubled checked the checklist and realize now that it is just a copy of the page showing all details they need with application form (am I understanding that correctly?) Thanks again!

Yes, you will only send the copy of the page showing passport details. All the best!