Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Question relating to the $10,000 proof of funds

Question relating to the $10,000 proof of funds

Old Jun 10th 2005, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

jamiehalpin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question relating to the $10,000 proof of funds

I am now in the post-submission stage of application. I recieved my AOR last November and I am now getting the remaining documents ready to send in August (references, exam certs). I have gone with an attorney based in Quebec for skilled worker entry to Toronto. I am in the UK.

When sending these remaining documents do I have to sent a bank statement showing £10,000 (about £4000) now or can it wait until a few months? Will waiting mean I am delaying the finalization of my application?

Thanks.

Jamie
Old Jun 10th 2005, 3:24 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question relating to the $10,000 proof of funds

You got simply very lucky if you got AOR without having proof of funds with your application. If you didn't have required proof of funds then your application should have been returned to you or your lawyer as not meeting the minimum requirements. Unless you applied through CHC London and have included real estate assessment as proof of funds.

If you'll wait for formal request to show cash then you will add extra months to the process - in order to prevent it you should submit it as soon as possible, before processing officer decides to ask you for it.

Originally Posted by jamiehalpin
I am now in the post-submission stage of application. I recieved my AOR last November and I am now getting the remaining documents ready to send in August (references, exam certs). I have gone with an attorney based in Quebec for skilled worker entry to Toronto. I am in the UK.

When sending these remaining documents do I have to sent a bank statement showing £10,000 (about £4000) now or can it wait until a few months? Will waiting mean I am delaying the finalization of my application?

Thanks.

Jamie
Old Jun 11th 2005, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

Andrew,

My contact has told me that I won't be asked for proof of funds for at least another six months. He says that as my application has not yet been assessed, it would not affect the timeframe. This has me a bit worried though. Does the 18/24 month timescale people talk about start from the time you receive AOR or after things like the proof of funds are in Canadian Immigration's possession?

Thanks

Jamie

Last edited by Paul; Jun 12th 2005 at 9:11 am.
Old Jun 11th 2005, 3:36 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you seen your AOR letter? Your representative (lawyer or consultant) has the obligation to forward to you copies of all correspondence received in your name from CIC. What is on lawyer's website is irrelevant.

Do you have arranged employment? This is the only situation when requirement for settlement funds is waived.

And requirement for settlement fund is a pre-requisite, a regulatory requirement that must be met at the time of application. although CHC London sometimes allows for late submission of proof of settlement fund. If you'll wait for request then it will result in delay of processing. Submit it now.

Last edited by Paul; Jun 12th 2005 at 9:11 am.
Old Jun 11th 2005, 2:15 pm
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice

Hi Jamie,
I am a bit surprised that London didn't send your application back since you didn't have evidence for settlement funds. Do you own your house in the UK? If you do you can use the equity in your property to satisfy the settlement funds requirement, as Andrew indicated.

I am a suspicious person and tend not to always believe what I am told without evidence. If I was I your position I would be asking for a copy of the AOR. At the very least I would want my file number so that I could log onto e-client to check that everything is OK.
Old Jun 11th 2005, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the advice everyone. I will find out what's going on tomorrow and let you know.

Jamie
Old Jun 12th 2005, 2:07 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

If I were you, I'd not be very happy about having my personal file number posted on the boards here as in your post yesterday.

I don't know if or how anyone could use it, but it's personal to you, and I would advise deleting it. ..... maybe just my nasty suspicious mind.......

Morw