Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Question in regards to federal skilled express entry.

Question in regards to federal skilled express entry.

Old Apr 3rd 2019, 6:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question in regards to federal skilled express entry.

Can you give us the breakdown of your points so we can help you work out how to increase them?
Old Apr 3rd 2019, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

cprfenom is an unknown quantity at this point

Score breakdown

Human capital

Your score is based on factors such as your skills, education, Canadian work experience and language ability. Human capitalCriteriaScoreCRS - Human Capital - Age45CRS - Human Capital - Level of Education0CRS - Human Capital - First Official Language Proficiency108CRS - Human Capital - Second Official Language Proficiency0CRS - Human Capital - Canadian Work Experience0

Spouse

Your spouse's score is based on their level of education, language ability and Canadian work experience. SpouseCriteriaScoreCRS - Spouse - Level of Education0CRS - Spouse - First Official Language Proficiency20CRS - Spouse - Canadian Work Experience0

Skill transferability

Your score is based on your education, job experience and relevant qualifications (for trade occupations). Skill transferabilityCriteriaScoreCRS - Skill Transferability - Education0CRS - Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience25CRS - Skill Transferability - Certificate of Qualification50

Other

Your score is based on factors such as a job offer, a nomination from a province or territory, siblings, French language skills and post-secondary Canadian education. OtherCriteriaScoreCRS - Arranged Employment0Provincial/Territorial Nomination0CRS - Additional - PR or Canadian Sibling0CRS - Canadian education0CRS - Additional - French Proficiency or Bilingualism0

Messages about your Express Entry profile

Search:
Showing 1 to 3 of 3 entries
Show 102550100 entriesCorrespondenceSubjectDate sentDate read
Old Apr 3rd 2019, 7:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Have you not got ECA's? No points for education? That's 30 points assuming you both get secondary education given.

Getting your IELTS marks up would have a good chunk of extra potential points.

HTH.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 3rd 2019 at 7:48 pm.
Old Apr 3rd 2019, 7:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by cprfenom
I know that improving my writing score on ielts will give me an additional 8 points
I think you're missing some points for a top IELTS score. You've said you scored 108, the max is 128, so that's 20 points, There is also potentially extra points under Skills Adaptability, depending on what CLB Level you got for each section? Well worth practicing and re-taking it IMO.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 3rd 2019 at 7:47 pm. Reason: Argh, can't add up!
Old Apr 3rd 2019, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

Hi,

I need to edit my wife's details as she would get 2 points as she has a high school diploma, but I only have an English high school education which is a grade 11 so I can't get points for that?

Will any if my trade certificates get anything at all?

I am looking to redo my ielts as I only got the following
writing 6.5
speaking 9
reading 8
listening 7.5

my wife got
9 speaking
9 listening
9 reading
7.5 writing
Old Apr 3rd 2019, 7:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I am looking to redo my ielts as I only got the following
writing 6.5
speaking 9
reading 8
listening 7.5

my wife got
9 speaking
9 listening
9 reading
7.5 writing
Right, so your wife has got max points. You're already over CLB Level 7 so you wouldn't get extra points for Skills Adaptability, but you would get extra points if scoring higher.

I'd also get ECA's for both of you, you may get given secondary education so that's another chunk of points. You can include your trade certs although be prepared for them to not count, but if you're paying for the ECA you may as well include everything you can just in case.

Definitely worth trying both of those, if you do get given secondary education and can get your IELTS score higher, that's potentially 50 points so would be enough to get you up to the level of previous draws.
Old Apr 3rd 2019, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

Another question.

it says I can get 50 points for a job offer. Does that need to be as an electrician?

As that would put me at 300 points even before I even redo my ielts and eca .
Old Apr 3rd 2019, 8:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Another question.

it says I can get 50 points for a job offer. Does that need to be as an electrician?

As that would put me at 300 points even before I even redo my ielts and eca .
It doesn’t have to be as an electrician, although to get an LMIA the employer will have to prove you were more qualified than any Canadian applicant, so it’ll need to be something you have experience & qualifications in.

Tbh, it’ll be a lot easier to just retake your IELTS and get ECA’s, rather than trying to find a job offer from a sponsoring employer and getting a positive LMIA.

Old Apr 4th 2019, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

Hi all,

So I am about to have an ECA as it does look like for CRS points they will take my qualifications in to consideration for education, even if the wont help in terms of a job.

I have 3 level 3 city and guild and one level 2 which under the current qualification frameworks are the same as an NVQ3s and NVQ2s respectively.

From that basis would you consider this 1 year post high school? or am I way off?
Old Apr 4th 2019, 5:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Hi all,

So I am about to have an ECA as it does look like for CRS points they will take my qualifications in to consideration for education, even if the wont help in terms of a job.

I have 3 level 3 city and guild and one level 2 which under the current qualification frameworks are the same as an NVQ3s and NVQ2s respectively.

From that basis would you consider this 1 year post high school? or am I way off?
Afraid not, vocational qualifications don't count for points purposes. Send them off anyway just in case though, and do get an ECA for your wife too - even those two points might make the difference between getting an ITA or not.

Good luck.
Old May 17th 2019, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

Hi all,

Just wanted to thank everyone for the advice on here.

I improved my results and pushed it up to 292 and then the draw came in at 332. A massive 45 point jump.

It now seems unlikely that I will ever get my score better that will negate my ever increasing age, so I have opted to put immigration on hold.

For everyone else, don't wait to try your dreams as it may end up being too late!

Regards,

Chris
Old May 23rd 2019, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Just wanted to thank everyone for the advice on here.

I improved my results and pushed it up to 292 and then the draw came in at 332. A massive 45 point jump.

It now seems unlikely that I will ever get my score better that will negate my ever increasing age, so I have opted to put immigration on hold.

For everyone else, don't wait to try your dreams as it may end up being too late!

Regards,

Chris

I'm in a similar (albeit slightly younger boat) to you. The score has given me the kick up the ass to get everything in gear(as i was scoring 285ish and hoping to resit IELTS but hadn't bothered with ECA, wasn't bothering with partners IELTS etc ). If you really want it, my suggestion is, and its something i may end up doing is trying to get yourself a post secondary qualification.

As for what you go for and how you do it, thats a bit of a minefield - and despite plenty of reading i am not an expert(and i do believe ECA's can be slightly potluck to boot) so would rather not give advice than give bad advice so please do your own research - but from reading quite a bit I am inclined to believe a HNC is classed as a 1 year post secondary qualification.

can be sat in 2 years part time, 1 year full time - whether you can enrol in distance or e learning, and get through it in a year or quicker i guess depends on the college/uni and your commitment.

but that could score you an extra 84 points, throwing you into the 370's, even saying it takes you 2 years your still hitting 360's.