Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Question regarding wife's TWP timeline

Question regarding wife's TWP timeline

Old Sep 15th 2008, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

PaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nice
Default Question regarding wife's TWP timeline

Hi all,

I arrived in Canada 3 weeks ago on a TWP which I got at POE.

My wife has a Chinese passport with leave to remain in UK. She is applying to CHC london for an open work permit/TRP in the UK as my spouse to join me in Calgary. She submitted her application two weeks ago.

Has anybody has any experience doing this? How many weeks do you reckon processing will take? We are anticipating 8 to 10 weeks, does this sound about right?

Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

PaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nice
Default Re: Question regarding wife's TWP timeline

Just wanted to let you all know that my wife (mentioned above) got her spouse open work permit and TRV from CHC today.

So from submission to the passport arriving was just over three weeks! A lot quicker than we anticipating (we were thinking early November).

We submitted loads of paperwork and we had a very good Calgary based immigration lawyer on the case so I think this had a lot to do with it.

Have a good weekend
Old Sep 30th 2008, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Monkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to all
Default Re: Question regarding wife's TWP timeline

Hey, a good news story re a speedy application! Don't hear too many of those..

There's hope for us all ...Hooray!

Hope you have a happy reunion...