question regarding visas

Old Nov 7th 2008, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

meland123 has a brilliant futuremeland123 has a brilliant futuremeland123 has a brilliant futuremeland123 has a brilliant futuremeland123 has a brilliant futuremeland123 has a brilliant futuremeland123 has a brilliant futuremeland123 has a brilliant future
Default Re: question regarding visas

Originally Posted by Getting There
Hi,

We didn't have the stamped addressed envelope thing going on with our doctor. We rang him and he confirmed papers had been sent. After 10 days, we're sure the doctor would understand if you made a "I thought my envelope might have got lost in the post so can you just reassure me all is well" type call.

Moreover, if there was something significantly wrong, we are certain they would contact you.

Kind regards,

Eamonn & Janet.
Thanx for your reply,I called the Doctors up this afternoon and as usuall had a hard slog getting past the receptionist to speak to anyone!!! Doc said he will call me on monday if there is any problem if I dont hear anything then we should assume all is ok and results have been posted off to London!!!

urmmm assume ???? Guess its just a few more sleepless nights ahead waiting for pprs!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 7th 2008, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meland123
Thanx for your reply,I called the Doctors up this afternoon and as usuall had a hard slog getting past the receptionist to speak to anyone!!! Doc said he will call me on monday if there is any problem if I dont hear anything then we should assume all is ok and results have been posted off to London!!!

urmmm assume ???? Guess its just a few more sleepless nights ahead waiting for pprs!!!!!!!!!
Sounds like the results are sitting in a little pile of things for the doc to assess and process. Everything crossed you don't hear from him then!

Kind regards,

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Nov 8th 2008, 12:56 am
Moved from Chester UK

IckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really nice

Hi Helen,had our medicals on the 29th october,at altrincham,that was 10 days ago.Doc said that when we receive the stamped addressed envelope we provided,then we would know all was ok with blood tests x rays etc and that everything had gone off to London.STILL WAITING. How long did it take with you guys? did you call them to get tracking number just to make sure yours had arrived in London???

Thanx as ever!!!
From memory it was about 2 weeks before we got the results of the blood tests and x-rays. I didn't get a tracking number from them. When I called I just asked that they confirm it was posted - maybe I should have asked for a tracking number but the guy I spoke to on the phone didn't seem to know much about the immigration medical process so I didn't pursue it with him. Instead I emailed CIC who confirmed receipt of medicals.
Old Nov 8th 2008, 2:34 am
Forum Regular

meland123 has a brilliant futuremeland123 has a brilliant futuremeland123 has a brilliant futuremeland123 has a brilliant futuremeland123 has a brilliant futuremeland123 has a brilliant futuremeland123 has a brilliant futuremeland123 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by IckleHelen
From memory it was about 2 weeks before we got the results of the blood tests and x-rays. I didn't get a tracking number from them. When I called I just asked that they confirm it was posted - maybe I should have asked for a tracking number but the guy I spoke to on the phone didn't seem to know much about the immigration medical process so I didn't pursue it with him. Instead I emailed CIC who confirmed receipt of medicals.
Thanks again,I will ask our representative to email London and make sure they have them before the deadline approaches!! Cant wait for the time to come when we can all relax again and stop waiting for brown envelopes,chasing e mails,checking special deliveries have arrived,oh the list is endless.............. ONE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 8th 2008, 4:08 am
Moved from Chester UK

IckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really nice

Thanks again,I will ask our representative to email London and make sure they have them before the deadline approaches!! Cant wait for the time to come when we can all relax again and stop waiting for brown envelopes,chasing e mails,checking special deliveries have arrived,oh the list is endless.............. ONE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is a good feeling to get those Visas. But the waiting still won't be over then, it's just on to the next stages of the immigration process - getting ready to go, going, and settling.