question regarding visas

Old Oct 7th 2008, 2:34 am
Forum Regular

meland123 has a brilliant futuremeland123 has a brilliant futuremeland123 has a brilliant futuremeland123 has a brilliant futuremeland123 has a brilliant futuremeland123 has a brilliant futuremeland123 has a brilliant futuremeland123 has a brilliant future
Smile question regarding visas

hi all,

got our meds booked for the 30th of this month,assuming all is ok (dreading it!) and our visas are issued for 12 months from then,what happens if we cant sell our house within the time scale given?

Can we land in Canada within the 12 months just for a holiday to activate our visas and then return to the UK if the house hasnt sold by then! (in light of the global credit crunch and all!!!!) Just feeling nervous I guess.

Last edited by meland123; Oct 7th 2008 at 2:39 am. Reason: spell check
Old Oct 7th 2008, 2:58 am
Forum Regular

jwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: question regarding visas

Originally Posted by meland123
hi all,

got our meds booked for the 30th of this month,assuming all is ok (dreading it!) and our visas are issued for 12 months from then,what happens if we cant sell our house within the time scale given?

Can we land in Canada within the 12 months just for a holiday to activate our visas and then return to the UK if the house hasnt sold by then! (in light of the global credit crunch and all!!!!) Just feeling nervous I guess.
Hi there,

I believe that you can land, activate your visas and then turn-around and come back to the UK.

Although from our perspective we will need to have sold our house; to show that we have the funds to settle. - I guess if it came to it though, we could get a very short-term loan to show that we had sufficient funds...

James.

Last edited by jwsadler; Oct 7th 2008 at 2:58 am. Reason: typo
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

meland123 has a brilliant futuremeland123 has a brilliant futuremeland123 has a brilliant futuremeland123 has a brilliant futuremeland123 has a brilliant futuremeland123 has a brilliant futuremeland123 has a brilliant futuremeland123 has a brilliant future

Thanks James for your reply,guess your time scale is very similar to ours!
Old Oct 7th 2008, 5:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

hi all,

Hi meland123,

Welcome to BE.

Yes, assuming you are talking about getting your Permanent Resident visas, then yes, you can land, then return to the UK to tie up your affairs before returning to Canada. This is exactly what we did. Not sure if regulations have changed more recently but you may need a Canadian address to have your PR cards sent to. Do you know anyone over here that can help you with that?

Also saw your post re the meds. We fretted about them beforehand too. My (Eamonn) excess weight proved not to be a problem at all - I was otherwise healthy. Jan's blood pressure was a problem...seriously sky high - she suffers TERRIBLE white coat syndrome. Subsequent tests and consultations with a cardiologist were necessary and his letter confirmed the view that Jan's BP spikes are doctor (or at least stress) driven! The authorities issued our Passport Requests soon after receiving the cardiologist's report.

Fingers crossed the meds go smoothly for you and that the house sells!

Hope that helps.

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 5:38 am
Forum Regular

Eamonn, thanks so so much for your reply,feeling a little calmer about things now!!!
Old Oct 7th 2008, 6:00 am
Moved from Chester UK

IckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really nice

I think this is what a lot of people are doing at the moment. We are landing this month, but not actually moving out until next March.

I don't know about sending the PR card to a Canadian address through, but we have friends out there so that wouldn't be a problem for us.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Eamonn, thanks so so much for your reply,feeling a little calmer about things now!!!
Good!

E&J.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by IckleHelen
I think this is what a lot of people are doing at the moment. We are landing this month, but not actually moving out until next March.

I don't know about sending the PR card to a Canadian address through, but we have friends out there so that wouldn't be a problem for us.
Hi we are in cheshire to in cheadle,did you go to Altrincham for your medicals?
Old Oct 7th 2008, 10:56 am
Moved from Chester UK

IckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really nice

Hi we are in cheshire to in cheadle,did you go to Altrincham for your medicals?
Yes we did. It was cheaper than other places, they were nice enough, both female doctors, the one that saw me explained exactly what she was doing and why. But they did forget to get us to sign a bit of paper so we had to go back there the next week to do that. But overall pleased with the Service. Have you had your Meds?
Old Oct 8th 2008, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

Yes we did. It was cheaper than other places, they were nice enough, both female doctors, the one that saw me explained exactly what she was doing and why. But they did forget to get us to sign a bit of paper so we had to go back there the next week to do that. But overall pleased with the Service. Have you had your Meds?
No,we are all going on the 30th October! Did they give any indication at all as to how things went? Also do you mind me asking if you had to have a smear test?
Old Oct 8th 2008, 6:35 am
Moved from Chester UK

No,we are all going on the 30th October! Did they give any indication at all as to how things went? Also do you mind me asking if you had to have a smear test?
All I was asked was when my smear test was and she just noted it down, without asking to see the certificate. I told her when it was, and even thought it was nearly 3 years since it was done this didn't cause any problems. (In fact I got a letter from the NHS this week saying I was due again - so that shows you how long ago my last test was).

There are two female doctors working in the practice. Me and OH both saw a different doctor, and both went in at the same time. Unfortunately I can't remember their names, though I did see the younger one who had a better bedside manner. Anyway, when we came out of the practice we compared our experiences and each doctor had a different approach. The one OH saw really whizzed through the tests and didn't tell him what she was doing, but then he also didn't ask. The one I saw told me some of what she was doing and the rest I just asked about e.g. she said the urine sample was to test for diabetes, but didn't tell me the result so I asked and she told me it was fine. By the end of it, all she hadn't told me is if I had HIV (thats what the blood tests is for) and if I had TB (that's what the x-rays for) and these results get sent to you in the post anyway. But I couldn't see how I could have either of those, so I was pretty confident when we came home that day. I think if OH had asked he would have found out more, but he was perfectly healthy anyway so maybe she didn't say because there wasn't anything wrong with him.

I recommend you just ask as they go along or at the end of the session ask if there was anything which maybe an area of concern.

I hope this summary helps.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

All I was asked was when my smear test was and she just noted it down, without asking to see the certificate. I told her when it was, and even thought it was nearly 3 years since it was done this didn't cause any problems. (In fact I got a letter from the NHS this week saying I was due again - so that shows you how long ago my last test was).

There are two female doctors working in the practice. Me and OH both saw a different doctor, and both went in at the same time. Unfortunately I can't remember their names, though I did see the younger one who had a better bedside manner. Anyway, when we came out of the practice we compared our experiences and each doctor had a different approach. The one OH saw really whizzed through the tests and didn't tell him what she was doing, but then he also didn't ask. The one I saw told me some of what she was doing and the rest I just asked about e.g. she said the urine sample was to test for diabetes, but didn't tell me the result so I asked and she told me it was fine. By the end of it, all she hadn't told me is if I had HIV (thats what the blood tests is for) and if I had TB (that's what the x-rays for) and these results get sent to you in the post anyway. But I couldn't see how I could have either of those, so I was pretty confident when we came home that day. I think if OH had asked he would have found out more, but he was perfectly healthy anyway so maybe she didn't say because there wasn't anything wrong with him.

I recommend you just ask as they go along or at the end of the session ask if there was anything which maybe an area of concern.

I hope this summary helps.
Thanks so much Helen,

The info you gave was great,and now I know what to expect We all feel alot happier!!! Roll on the 30 Oct, not worried anymore!!!!
Old Oct 9th 2008, 4:27 am
Moved from Chester UK

Thanks so much Helen,

The info you gave was great,and now I know what to expect We all feel alot happier!!! Roll on the 30 Oct, not worried anymore!!!!
Glad I could help. Good luck for the 30th
Old Nov 7th 2008, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

Glad I could help. Good luck for the 30th
Hi Helen,had our medicals on the 29th october,at altrincham,that was 10 days ago.Doc said that when we receive the stamped addressed envelope we provided,then we would know all was ok with blood tests x rays etc and that everything had gone off to London.STILL WAITING. How long did it take with you guys? did you call them to get tracking number just to make sure yours had arrived in London???

Thanx as ever!!!
Old Nov 7th 2008, 3:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Helen,had our medicals on the 29th october,at altrincham,that was 10 days ago.Doc said that when we receive the stamped addressed envelope we provided,then we would know all was ok with blood tests x rays etc and that everything had gone off to London.STILL WAITING. How long did it take with you guys? did you call them to get tracking number just to make sure yours had arrived in London???

Thanx as ever!!!
Hi,

We didn't have the stamped addressed envelope thing going on with our doctor. We rang him and he confirmed papers had been sent. After 10 days, we're sure the doctor would understand if you made a "I thought my envelope might have got lost in the post so can you just reassure me all is well" type call.

Moreover, if there was something significantly wrong, we are certain they would contact you.

Kind regards,

Eamonn & Janet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.