Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Question regarding skilled worker with job offer

Question regarding skilled worker with job offer

Old Feb 7th 2008, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

Paul1978 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question regarding skilled worker with job offer

Hi,

If I was to get a job offer and have my skilled worker application application fast tracked, am I right in thinking that once landed I'm free to then leave the job or am I tied to it for any length of time?

Thanks,

Paul
Old Feb 7th 2008, 6:12 am
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question regarding skilled worker with job offer

Originally Posted by Paul1978
Hi,

If I was to get a job offer and have my skilled worker application application fast tracked, am I right in thinking that once landed I'm free to then leave the job or am I tied to it for any length of time?

Thanks,

Paul
It would be a bit of a shitty thing for you to do, to be honest.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 6:19 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Once you've landed, you're a permanent resident, and can do whatever you like within the terms of your contract of employment.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

Paul1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jericho
It would be a bit of a shitty thing for you to do, to be honest.
I'm just making sure that *should* i go all that way and the job turns out to be a nightmare then I'm not tied to the employer for a long period that's all...
Old Feb 7th 2008, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bazzz
Once you've landed, you're a permanent resident, and can do whatever you like within the terms of your contract of employment.
Why you up-side-down bazzz?
Old Feb 7th 2008, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by live to ski
Why you up-side-down bazzz?
¿ʇou ʎɥʍ
Old Feb 8th 2008, 3:07 am
m59
Just Joined

m59 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry mate you have to stick with that job for a year thats the law

Thanks,

Paul
Old Feb 8th 2008, 3:59 am
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks,

Paul
I agree with bazz. Once a PR you're not tied to any job for visa reasons. How long you have to stay with the company all depends on your contract of employment.

Apart from the moral obligation, do consider how it will look to future employers. Work here tends to go more on a referral basis, getting a bad reputation in your first Canadian job won't help.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:43 am
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

¿ʇou ʎɥʍ
poor Mrs b
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by live to ski
poor Mrs b
˙ʇuǝɯıʇuǝs ʇɐɥʇ ssǝɹdxǝ oʇ uosɹǝd ʇsɹıɟ ǝɥʇ ǝq ʇ,uplnoʍ noʎ
Old Feb 8th 2008, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

˙ʇuǝɯıʇuǝs ʇɐɥʇ ssǝɹdxǝ oʇ uosɹǝd ʇsɹıɟ ǝɥʇ ǝq ʇ,uplnoʍ noʎ
Is it just your time of the month or is there something more serious this time?