Question regarding PR

Old Apr 7th 2009, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

ZWogan is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Question regarding PR

Hi all

Just a quick question please. A little confused - not difficult for me

We have had the letter asking for our passports so that they can issue our visa's for PR. So excited as most of you have probably read on an earlier thread.

Anyway question I am asking is - we have 1 year from the date of the medicals within which to land which is 9 March 2010. However, to be honest I don't think for a second we will have sold the house in time and I was just wondering if anyone had any experience of landing whilst just on a visiting trip to activate the visas then flying back to england and going back at a later date.

The reason I am asking is that when I have been reading what you need to have once you land they need to know what you are travelling with, proof of funds and what will be coming later on i.e. personal possessions. However, if we will just be going out there for a first visit and then coming back and going again are we able to give this information the final time we go??? I am really hoping that this makes sense to someone because believe me in my head it sounds all messed up. Please someone put me out of my misery and please try and answer my question. I really do appreciate any help any one can offer me.

I look forward to hearing from someone - soon please.

Thanks.

ZWogan
Old Apr 7th 2009, 11:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question regarding PR

Originally Posted by ZWogan
Hi all

Just a quick question please. A little confused - not difficult for me

We have had the letter asking for our passports so that they can issue our visa's for PR. So excited as most of you have probably read on an earlier thread.

Anyway question I am asking is - we have 1 year from the date of the medicals within which to land which is 9 March 2010. However, to be honest I don't think for a second we will have sold the house in time and I was just wondering if anyone had any experience of landing whilst just on a visiting trip to activate the visas then flying back to england and going back at a later date.

The reason I am asking is that when I have been reading what you need to have once you land they need to know what you are travelling with, proof of funds and what will be coming later on i.e. personal possessions. However, if we will just be going out there for a first visit and then coming back and going again are we able to give this information the final time we go??? I am really hoping that this makes sense to someone because believe me in my head it sounds all messed up. Please someone put me out of my misery and please try and answer my question. I really do appreciate any help any one can offer me.

I look forward to hearing from someone - soon please.

Thanks.

ZWogan
The Wiki is on the blue bar at the top of the page - you obviously haven't discovered it yet but it has loads of useful info in it. Just type 'landing' into the search box and it'll bring up relevant information for you.

Old Apr 9th 2009, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
The Wiki is on the blue bar at the top of the page - you obviously haven't discovered it yet but it has loads of useful info in it. Just type 'landing' into the search box and it'll bring up relevant information for you.

I may not have discovered it but I certainly have now. Thank you for that. I have printed off that much stuff I will be reading it now until christmas.

Thanks.

Zoe
Old Apr 9th 2009, 12:57 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ZWogan
I have printed off that much stuff I will be reading it now until christmas.
Christmas 2012?!? It's full of useful info, a fab resource. Hope it helps.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Christmas 2012?!? It's full of useful info, a fab resource. Hope it helps.
Yeah Christmas 2012 you are probably right. I just keep coming home with reams of paper for me and my husband to read. Think he is getting sick of me now. Put it is all research research research at the moment. To be honest I think I will be glad when we are actually there. I am sure it won't be half as bad as we are imagining to be. :-)