Question regarding LMO

Old Apr 26th 2009, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

garyg13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question regarding LMO

Hi there,

I'm currently in Canada on a BUNAC visa which ends on 17th MAR 2010. I have secured a job as an electrician and I am currently applying for PR with arranged employment.
Obviously if my PR is not granted before my BUNAC visa is up I would like to get a TWP to tide me over so I can continue working etc.
My question is regarding LMO's. What are the guidelines for obtaining an LMO considering I will have been working for this company for over 9months when they apply for it. How will they prove it has been advertised for 14days and no suitable canadian was found?
I'm just confused as I know they need to do this but I am already here on a work permit so does that change things?

Thank you
Old Apr 26th 2009, 3:51 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question regarding LMO

Originally Posted by garyg13
Hi there,

I'm currently in Canada on a BUNAC visa which ends on 17th MAR 2010. I have secured a job as an electrician and I am currently applying for PR with arranged employment.
Obviously if my PR is not granted before my BUNAC visa is up I would like to get a TWP to tide me over so I can continue working etc.
My question is regarding LMO's. What are the guidelines for obtaining an LMO considering I will have been working for this company for over 9months when they apply for it. How will they prove it has been advertised for 14days and no suitable canadian was found?
I'm just confused as I know they need to do this but I am already here on a work permit so does that change things?

Thank you
Hi Gary,

Being there already on a TWP doesn't change anything I'm afraid, if you want to get a new TWP then you'll need a LMO and so your company will have to advertise the position across Canada.

They'll need to provide proof of the adverts and also details of why anybody that applied wasn't suitable - and if somebody applies that is suitable and a Canadian, they have to employ them over you I'm afraid, even if it is 'your' job!

You should be ok though as PR applications only take 6-12 months via FSW these days. Have your company already applied for the AEO? As that's the bit that can take the time, but if you've already got it then hopefully you should have PR before your Bunac runs out.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 26th 2009 at 3:54 am.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 4:42 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Have your company already applied for the AEO? As that's the bit that can take the time, but if you've already got it then hopefully you should have PR before your Bunac runs out.

I think the OP means that he is applying for the PR claiming for extra points for already working in the country. You apply for a the Arranged Employment Opinion when you are not in Canada.

Dont think that this applies to the OP
Old Apr 26th 2009, 4:52 am
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by burton bunch
I think the OP means that he is applying for the PR claiming for extra points for already working in the country. You apply for a the Arranged Employment Opinion when you are not in Canada.

Dont think that this applies to the OP
Hi
Sorry to hijack the thread but I'm confused now. I thought you could still apply for AEO while you were in Canada if your employer said you could now be offered the job on a permanent basis.
How do people on TWP get PR without waiting for experience class?
Tina
Old Apr 26th 2009, 4:58 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by albertabound
Hi
Sorry to hijack the thread but I'm confused now. I thought you could still apply for AEO while you were in Canada if your employer said you could now be offered the job on a permanent basis.
How do people on TWP get PR without waiting for experience class?
Tina
Use a schedule 3 form and attach twp and evidence of working for the company
Old Apr 26th 2009, 5:19 am
BE Enthusiast

lucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud of

You can apply for an AEO while working in Canada, I did!
Old Apr 26th 2009, 5:57 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by burton bunch
You apply for a the Arranged Employment Opinion when you are not in Canada.
Not necessarily, he mentioned 'arranged employment', so I took that to mean he's applying with AEO (which his employer can apply for even if he's already working in Canada).

If he's only claiming the extra points for adaptability then he doesn't need the AEO, but most people still need an AEO if their jobs aren't on the list of 38 occupations in demand (which luckily the OP's is) as otherwise they wouldn't qualify as Skilled Workers under the new system.

Old Apr 26th 2009, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

you mean they would have to advertise the position all over again or simply provide evidence of the original job posting?
the position was advertised on the Job Bank for over 2 weeks and I assume I was chosen for the job as my experience and abilities were favored above the others (canadians) who applied.
I hope it doesn't have to be advertised all over again!

Thanks for the replies
Old Apr 26th 2009, 7:42 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by garyg13
you mean they would have to advertise the position all over again or simply provide evidence of the original job posting?
the position was advertised on the Job Bank for over 2 weeks and I assume I was chosen for the job as my experience and abilities were favored above the others (canadians) who applied.
I hope it doesn't have to be advertised all over again!

Thanks for the replies
How long ago did they advertise it?

I think they will definitely have to advertise it again unless it was very recently, plus even if it was recent they'd have to provide details of each Canadian applicant and why they weren't qualified to do the job.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

It was advertised at the beginning of April.
How long is an LMO valid for? If they applied for it now then could I wait a few months before applying for the twp?