Question regarding Landing

Old Oct 31st 2007, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

jenny28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question regarding Landing

Hi there,
I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me with a question I have regarding landing.
My husband is the Principle Applicant and we have two young boys.
We would all like to land together but if the house doesn't get sold soon then I may need to return (with the boys) to stay here until it goes.

My question is this.
How long once landed do we have to stay for before we can come back to the UK ?
I think there might be some important things to do once landed before I return to the Uk Things such as getting an SIN Number and exchanging UK driving licence for Ontario ones (has to be done with 60 days I think). Not sure what else ?

In a perfect world we would all Land and stay but if the house isn't sold or the sale is not complete then one of us will need to return to take care of that.
Any comments would be most welcome. Thankyou.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

cneldred will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Question regarding Landing

I believe you can't re-enter Canada without the PR card...the paper isn't good enough. Going out of the country will be fine but getting back in without that will be a problem. However, if your husband is staying in Canada he could i suppose post it to you in the UK.

Chris
Old Oct 31st 2007, 12:21 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question regarding Landing

Originally Posted by cneldred
I believe you can't re-enter Canada without the PR card...the paper isn't good enough.
A visa waiver passport is normally good enough to re-enter.
http://www.settlement.org/sys/faqs_d...faq_id=4000607