Wikiposts

Question Re: passport request

Old Aug 22nd 2002, 6:36 am
Christina

Default Question Re: passport request

Buffalo has requested our passports.. i was wondering what that fully means. the
letter i received requesting them said "in order to issue your visa" does that mean
that will be the next thing i get will be my landing papers? and if so how long does
that normally take?

Old Aug 22nd 2002, 6:54 am
Jim Humphries

Default Re: Question Re: passport request

It means what it says. They are ready to issue your visas now. The new visas are a
counterfoil applied to a page of your passport(s). It would be a matter of weeks to
receive the passports and visas back. Jim Humphries, former visa officer

Christina wrote:
    > Buffalo has requested our passports.. i was wondering what that fully means. the
    > letter i received requesting them said "in order to issue your visa" does that mean
    > that will be the next thing i get will be my landing papers? and if so how long
    > does that normally take?

Old Aug 22nd 2002, 9:55 am
Nilesh Karangutkar

Please post your timeline.

Thanks

"Christina" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected] o-
m
    > Buffalo has requested our passports.. i was wondering what that fully means. the
    > letter i received requesting them said "in order to issue your visa" does that mean
    > that will be the next thing i get will be my landing papers? and if so how long
    > does that normally take?

Old Aug 22nd 2002, 10:55 pm
Christina

"Nilesh Karangutkar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Please post your timeline.
    > Thanks
    > "Christina" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected] o-
    > m
    > > Buffalo has requested our passports.. i was wondering what that fully means. the
    > > letter i received requesting them said "in order to issue your visa" does that
    > > mean that will be the next thing i get will be my landing papers? and if so how
    > > long does that normally take?

my fiance applied for sponsorship november 2001 approved to sponsor february 2002 my
papers sent to buffalo april 2002 AOR may 6th 2002 waiver and medical forms received
may 16th 2002 medicals done may 31st 2002 received the request for our passports
august 16th 2002 sent passports august 19th 2002(by UPS to buffalo) UPS tracking #
showed it was received in buffalo august 21st 2002 landing papers ............
anytime now according to the post above yours

Old Aug 31st 2002, 5:47 am
Christina

[email protected] (Christina) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > "Nilesh Karangutkar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Please post your timeline.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > >
    > > "Christina" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > > e.com
    > > > Buffalo has requested our passports.. i was wondering what that fully means.
    > > > the letter i received requesting them said "in order to issue your visa" does
    > > > that mean that will be the next thing i get will be my landing papers? and if
    > > > so how long does that normally take?
    > my fiance applied for sponsorship november 2001 approved to sponsor february 2002
    > my papers sent to buffalo april 2002 AOR may 6th 2002 waiver and medical forms
    > received may 16th 2002 medicals done may 31st 2002 received the request for our
    > passports august 16th 2002 sent passports august 19th 2002(by UPS to buffalo) UPS
    > tracking # showed it was received in buffalo august 21st 2002 landing papers
    > ............ anytime now according to the post above yours

OK GOT IT......... landing papers in my mailbox 8-30-02!!!!!!! will be landing in 3
to 4 weeks =)

Old Aug 31st 2002, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

Bala is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulation!!
Did u send anyting else beside passport like picutres etc?
I heard that now they are asking for picutures too.
Thanks
Bala
Old Aug 31st 2002, 5:54 pm
Christina

Bala <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Congratulation!! Did u send anyting else beside passport like picutres etc? I heard
    > that now they are asking for picutures too. Thanks Bala

yes but those photos were sent in with my application.....