Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Question re: citizenship requirements

Question re: citizenship requirements

Old Oct 24th 2012, 10:14 am
Just Joined

salmanmcs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question re: citizenship requirements

Hi Expert

My wife has spent 3 Years and 3 months in Canada but it spread over the time of 5.5 years.Due to the family issues, our parents are old and she has to stay back home for 1.5 years cause my father passed away and family needs support.

I am Citizen and so our 3 young boys are, just my wife is waiting.
I know that one has to complete 3 years out of most recent 4 years.
My question is "Do Citizenship Judge consider if someone has family issues ? "...

As I said she has completed her time of physical residence which is 1095 days.

Thanks for your sincere help.

Salman Haleem
Old Oct 24th 2012, 10:29 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question re: citizenship requirements

Hi

Originally Posted by salmanmcs
Hi Expert

My wife has spent 3 Years and 3 months in Canada but it spread over the time of 5.5 years.Due to the family issues, our parents are old and she has to stay back home for 1.5 years cause my father passed away and family needs support.

I am Citizen and so our 3 young boys are, just my wife is waiting.
I know that one has to complete 3 years out of most recent 4 years.
My question is "Do Citizenship Judge consider if someone has family issues ? "...

As I said she has completed her time of physical residence which is 1095 days.

Thanks for your sincere help.

Salman Haleem
Very Very seldom, 1095 days physical residence in the previous 4 years from the date of application.