Question re AOR info

Old Nov 14th 2004, 11:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

macmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Question re AOR info

My daughter living in the UK has just received her AOR and although she applied as a skilled worker the letter only gives a contact time frame for (a) those applying as spouses, common law partners, conjugal partners or dependant children … 6 months and (b) for all other family class applicants, including those applying as parents and grandparents this review …. 18 months. Has anyone else who applied under skilled worker received the same (a)(b) categories or is there a third one to cover skilled worker that is missing from my daughters letter OR does skilled worker come under family class. The AOR of my other daughter living in Canada mentioned the skilled worker class with a 6-9 month time frame but that was a couple of years ago.
Any Info much appreciated.
Old Nov 15th 2004, 2:54 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question re AOR info

It seems your daughter was sent the wrong AOR. She could write to the CHC and enquire if she wishes. The file number will be correct, I expect.

Originally Posted by macmike41
My daughter living in the UK has just received her AOR and although she applied as a skilled worker the letter only gives a contact time frame for (a) those applying as spouses, common law partners, conjugal partners or dependant children … 6 months and (b) for all other family class applicants, including those applying as parents and grandparents this review …. 18 months. Has anyone else who applied under skilled worker received the same (a)(b) categories or is there a third one to cover skilled worker that is missing from my daughters letter OR does skilled worker come under family class. The AOR of my other daughter living in Canada mentioned the skilled worker class with a 6-9 month time frame but that was a couple of years ago.
Any Info much appreciated.
Old Nov 15th 2004, 3:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

macmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jim - will do.

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
It seems your daughter was sent the wrong AOR. She could write to the CHC and enquire if she wishes. The file number will be correct, I expect.
Old Nov 15th 2004, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

h_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of light

Hello. We also applied to the London office as skilled worker applicants (1 principal applicant, common law partners) and also received the same two response times. As with macmike's daughter, our reply stated that for those people applying as spouses, common-law partners, conjugal partners or dependent children would be reviewed within 6 months and for all other family class applicants, including those applying as parents and grandparents, the review would take 18 months.

Our file number seems to be correct as we can access the on-line information okay. Do you think we have also been sent an incorrect AOR? If so, can I safely assume that this is a minor error and won't effect our processing time? Also, can I just expect that our case will be reviewed within 15-24 months as indicated by the CIC web-site for skilled workers applying to the London office? Thanks in advance for any info!
Old Nov 15th 2004, 6:22 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

I think so. You are in the skilled worker category and your processing time should be longer than family class applications.

Originally Posted by h_henry
Hello. We also applied to the London office as skilled worker applicants (1 principal applicant, common law partners) and also received the same two response times. As with macmike's daughter, our reply stated that for those people applying as spouses, common-law partners, conjugal partners or dependent children would be reviewed within 6 months and for all other family class applicants, including those applying as parents and grandparents, the review would take 18 months.

Our file number seems to be correct as we can access the on-line information okay. Do you think we have also been sent an incorrect AOR? If so, can I safely assume that this is a minor error and won't effect our processing time? Also, can I just expect that our case will be reviewed within 15-24 months as indicated by the CIC web-site for skilled workers applying to the London office? Thanks in advance for any info!
Old Nov 15th 2004, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

h_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of light

I think so. You are in the skilled worker category and your processing time should be longer than family class applications.
Thanks for the reply!