Question for Mr Miller please

Old Jul 25th 2007, 1:01 am
Just Joined

lemar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question for Mr Miller please

Mr Miller,

I'm pretty new to this but I'll try to be brief. I'm a visitor in Canada on a 6 month visa which expires Aug 24/07. I like it here and would like to live and work in Canada. Can you point me in the right direction so I can initiate whatever process I need to be involved in? And what about going to America so I can come back to Canada for another six months?

I've got lots of questions and have just started looking into thsi. I'd appreciate if you could provide any info to assist me in my quest.

Cheers

Marc
Old Jul 25th 2007, 1:18 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question for Mr Miller please

It is not that simple. First you need to find out if you qualify and what immigration program will be best for you. Then you must apply for PR visa outside Canada and wait 5 to 10 or soyears if you apply without arranged employment or about 1 to 3 years (depending from visa post, program and many other factors) if applying with arranged employment.

So, no matter how hard you want it, it won't happen within your visitor's stay in Canada, it will take much longer.

As for crossing to US and coming back just to get another 6 months admission - it is a risky adventure and while it may have worked for some once or even twice it didn't work for everyone and many learned the hard way that it is not a proper route.

Seems you have no slightest idea what is involved in immigration process - thus I strongly suggest starting with full assessment of your chances. Go to my website to download assessment form or simply click on my name to the left and select "Send email to..." and request free evaluation.