Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Question for Mr. Miller - About AOR date

Question for Mr. Miller - About AOR date

Old Jul 10th 2004, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

Satish bha'dwaj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question for Mr. Miller - About AOR date

Mr. Miller

I hope you can provide us with some information about how the processing at CHC/CIC is done, do they send you AOR immediately after receiving your application or after going through the preliminary checking.

Because in my case (I hope you remember) I had not received my AOR for almost 7 month since in applied in November 2003, but the cheque/draft sent along with the application was withdrawn immediately.

On sending them letters asking them about the status of my application finally I received one, with the date and the file number on it (AOR dated 28/06/04), so there does it mean to say that I will have to wait for 18 more months or it includes the 7 months since I have submitted my application.

I appreciate your response in this regard.

Regards
Satish
Old Jul 11th 2004, 3:22 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question for Mr. Miller - About AOR date

7 months without AOR is unusual, but not unheard of.

Whatever timeline is stated in the letter relates only to the average processing times for cases already completed at the time letter was designed. Your timeline can be shorter or longer.

Originally posted by Satish bha'dwaj
Mr. Miller

I hope you can provide us with some information about how the processing at CHC/CIC is done, do they send you AOR immediately after receiving your application or after going through the preliminary checking.

Because in my case (I hope you remember) I had not received my AOR for almost 7 month since in applied in November 2003, but the cheque/draft sent along with the application was withdrawn immediately.

On sending them letters asking them about the status of my application finally I received one, with the date and the file number on it (AOR dated 28/06/04), so there does it mean to say that I will have to wait for 18 more months or it includes the 7 months since I have submitted my application.

I appreciate your response in this regard.

Regards
Satish