Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Question for Mr. Andrew Miller and Other Experts

Question for Mr. Andrew Miller and Other Experts

Old Mar 19th 2006, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

Tareq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question for Mr. Andrew Miller and Other Experts

Hi Andrew and others,

I have read all the information on CIC regarding the sponsorship of spouse and got that she will be the Principal Applicant . I have few questions for you.

1. In Qs. 11 of IMM 1344- A. i've to give the name of the country where my application for permanent residence was processed. Now as i m a Quebec Resident, my application was processed in Damascus, SYRIA(Provincial Part), and then in ISLAMABAD, (Federal Part). So shall i write the name of both countries or shall i write only where my Federal part was processed.

2. In form IMM 5540.. SPONSOR QUESTIONNAIRE, i have to give my Parents information. Now both of them are living seperately, but they are not divorced. My mother is living with my brothers, and my father is living with his second wife. So should i be honest that they are living seperately and give 2 different addresses in the application or shall i give one address for both of them?

3. How many Wedding photographs do you think would be sufficient to proof that our relationship is genuine? And do i have to send my wife's original Passport along with the photo-copy to CPC-Missisuage along with the sponsor-ship and immigration forms?

Hope Mr. Miller and others will clarify these with their excellent knowledge they possess.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Old Mar 19th 2006, 7:50 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question for Mr. Andrew Miller and Other Experts

Originally Posted by Tareq
Hi Andrew and others,

I have read all the information on CIC regarding the sponsorship of spouse and got that she will be the Principal Applicant . I have few questions for you.

1. In Qs. 11 of IMM 1344- A. i've to give the name of the country where my application for permanent residence was processed. Now as i m a Quebec Resident, my application was processed in Damascus, SYRIA(Provincial Part), and then in ISLAMABAD, (Federal Part). So shall i write the name of both countries or shall i write only where my Federal part was processed.

2. In form IMM 5540.. SPONSOR QUESTIONNAIRE, i have to give my Parents information. Now both of them are living seperately, but they are not divorced. My mother is living with my brothers, and my father is living with his second wife. So should i be honest that they are living seperately and give 2 different addresses in the application or shall i give one address for both of them?

3. How many Wedding photographs do you think would be sufficient to proof that our relationship is genuine? And do i have to send my wife's original Passport along with the photo-copy to CPC-Missisuage along with the sponsor-ship and immigration forms?

Hope Mr. Miller and others will clarify these with their excellent knowledge they possess.

Thanks a lot in advance.
The Damascus post is what is required.
You should give their correct addresses.
You need enough photos to demonstrate that there were many guests including your families and that you had the normal parties and celebrations.
Old Mar 19th 2006, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
The Damascus post is what is required.
You should give their correct addresses.
You need enough photos to demonstrate that there were many guests including your families and that you had the normal parties and celebrations.

Thanks a lot Jim for your prompt reply. I really appreciate that.
I would like to ask one more question as it arose when i was reading the Region-Specific guides.

It is written that me and my spouse have to send all the Educational documents, Birth Certificates, and Passports. As my application has already been processed so it would not be me who is going to send Ed.Docs, B.C and Passport. It would be my wife who has to send her documents to me including ORIGINAL PASSPORT AND COPIES OF THE PASSPORT which i have to submit to CPC.

Thanks a lot.
Old Mar 19th 2006, 11:00 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a lot Jim for your prompt reply. I really appreciate that.
I would like to ask one more question as it arose when i was reading the Region-Specific guides.

It is written that me and my spouse have to send all the Educational documents, Birth Certificates, and Passports. As my application has already been processed so it would not be me who is going to send Ed.Docs, B.C and Passport. It would be my wife who has to send her documents to me including ORIGINAL PASSPORT AND COPIES OF THE PASSPORT which i have to submit to CPC.

Thanks a lot.
As sponsor you have a se of documents to submit and your wife has a different set. I am not sure about the original passport so check that carefully.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 5:10 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Jim again.

I read again the Regional specific guides and i have to send the Copies of the bio-data page of the passport. .No need to send the original ones.

And though my CSQ was issued by DAMASCUS, SYRIA, but VISA was issued by PAKISTAN, my home country. Do you still think i should write SYRIA where my application for PR was processed.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
As sponsor you have a se of documents to submit and your wife has a different set. I am not sure about the original passport so check that carefully.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 4:59 pm

Thanks Jim again.

I read again the Regional specific guides and i have to send the Copies of the bio-data page of the passport. .No need to send the original ones.

And though my CSQ was issued by DAMASCUS, SYRIA, but VISA was issued by PAKISTAN, my home country. Do you still think i should write SYRIA where my application for PR was processed.

Thanks.
Danascus is correct.