Wikiposts

Question on goods to follow

Old May 8th 2008, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

robwrx is a jewel in the roughrobwrx is a jewel in the roughrobwrx is a jewel in the roughrobwrx is a jewel in the roughrobwrx is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Question on goods to follow

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
CBSA's website about settlers' goods states:
However, houses, large trailers you use as residences, and any goods you use or will use commercially are not eligible as personal or household effects. These goods are subject to regular customs duties.
I will add this to the Wiki on Goods To Follow.
x
Thanks for info Judy.
Always best to get the full story and eligible list of goods.
I never would have found it.
I will simply list tools as hand tools for DIY.

Cheers
Rob
Old May 8th 2008, 7:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

I picked up that bit of info from threads like this one where people have had to pay a few thousand dollars duty on tools they will use for work. I said I wasn't sure as I hadn't read the legislation but Judy's given you that
Old May 8th 2008, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

robwrx is a jewel in the roughrobwrx is a jewel in the roughrobwrx is a jewel in the roughrobwrx is a jewel in the roughrobwrx is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: Question on goods to follow

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
I picked up that bit of info from threads like this one where people have had to pay a few thousand dollars duty on tools they will use for work. I said I wasn't sure as I hadn't read the legislation but Judy's given you that
Biiiiink
Your info could possibly save me big dollars so thanks again.

Rob
Old May 8th 2008, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

sparkymark is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone listed golf clubs on goods to follow list. If so how detatiled was your discription?

Thanks
Old May 9th 2008, 6:26 am
Just Joined

I know I keep going on about this, but not sure how detailed the list should be. i.e I have a camera, it is kept in a case, will I have to record the case as a seperate article?

Thanks
Old May 9th 2008, 6:40 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sparkymark
I know I keep going on about this, but not sure how detailed the list should be. i.e I have a camera, it is kept in a case, will I have to record the case as a seperate article?
You do not have to go into much detail. For example, you can have a list that looks like this:

camera and related equipment ...... $XXX

toolbox with assorted tools .......... $XXX

golf bag with golf clubs ............... $X,XXX

kitchen utensils ......................... $XXX

china ...................................... $XXX

glassware ................................ $XXX

cutlery .................................... $XXX

books ...................................... $XXX

CDs ......................................... $XXX

The only caveat is that if you have electrical or electronic equipment that has a serial number, you should list the brand, model, and serial number. I don't know if your camera falls into that category.
x
Old May 9th 2008, 6:41 am
Just Joined

Thanks Judy... Your a great help....
Old May 9th 2008, 6:47 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Judy... Your a great help....
You're welcome, sparkymark. I've just added the examples of golf clubs and tools to the Wiki called Goods To Follow. I hope that will make it clearer for future readers.
x
Old May 10th 2008, 5:22 am
Just Joined

Wink Re: Question on goods to follow

Just a question about an address you need to give the immigration officer when landing for your goods to follow list??
I am not sure when or how the goods to follow will be transported to canada, i.e I may bring my mountain bike and laptop on the plane with me but for other items like books, tools, miscellaneous items I am not sure when or how they will get to canada. I don't have an address in canada yet or a transport company organised so may even come by air mail?????...

Any replies would be appreciated..

Thanks Mark
Old May 10th 2008, 5:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Just a question about an address you need to give the immigration officer when landing for your goods to follow list??
It must be an address in Canada. Presumably you'd be staying at least one night somewhere? Use that address. No correspondence will go there, it's just that they insist the address be in Canada.
Old May 10th 2008, 5:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
It must be an address in Canada. Presumably you'd be staying at least one night somewhere? Use that address. No correspondence will go there, it's just that they insist the address be in Canada.
Thanks Biiiink,
I have address for my PR card to be sent to, I don't want to be a pest with the person who resides at the address, so If I put the same addrress down the person living there won't have any correspondence then??

Thanks again Biiiink