Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Question form IMM 5406 (additional family information)

Question form IMM 5406 (additional family information)

Old Aug 7th 2010, 9:02 am
Account Closed

roraimap is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Question form IMM 5406 (additional family information)

hi,

I am bit confused about form IMM 5406 (additional family information), understand that both (husband and I) have to fill it out but...

when I do it, I am the applicant and my Spouse, my husband ... but, when he does it... is he the Applicant and I am the spouse?. That is the only way I see they can identify family of each side..

I hope you can understand my point.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old Aug 7th 2010, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

Wolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud of
Default Re: Question form IMM 5406 (additional family information)

I've just asked the exact same question a couple of days ago as we were completely confused as well. Judging from people's advice we did as follows.

I am the spouse but on the additional family info form, I became the applicant.

For the supplementary info form, we did the same thing- I filled it out as principle applicant even though I am the spouse. If you don't do this, surely you would just be submitting two identical forms!

I have not send these off yet so let me know if I am horribly wrong!
Old Aug 7th 2010, 9:15 am
Account Closed

roraimap is an unknown quantity at this point

that what I have heard... if you are the spouse you would become the APPLICANT in that form.

not 100% sure though.. thats why I wanted to ask people who sent the form already.
Old Aug 7th 2010, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Wolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud of

Thats what I did! I figure as long as they have the correct info it should not matter too much! Sitting at the table looking at it now!
Old Aug 7th 2010, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

We both filled out one each, on both pages my OH was applicant and I was spouse. Rest of form referred to our own family members. They can id by maiden names and family names.

Last edited by singingringingtree; Aug 7th 2010 at 10:27 am.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 9:56 am
Just Joined

sumithgk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Any new idea/info about how to fill this IMM 5406 (additional family information) ?

The applicant in one form will become the spouse in other?

Originally Posted by roraimap
hi,

I am bit confused about form IMM 5406 (additional family information), understand that both (husband and I) have to fill it out but...

when I do it, I am the applicant and my Spouse, my husband ... but, when he does it... is he the Applicant and I am the spouse?. That is the only way I see they can identify family of each side..

I hope you can understand my point.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old Jun 29th 2011, 9:59 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sumithgk
Hi
Any new idea/info about how to fill this IMM 5406 (additional family information) ?

The applicant in one form will become the spouse in other?
Yep, exactly.

Old Jun 29th 2011, 10:03 am
Just Joined

sumithgk is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Yep, exactly.

Old Jun 29th 2011, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

ralphster is an unknown quantity at this point

So have I understood correctly...

- The sponsored spouse completes IMM5406 (Additional Family Info) putting themselves down as the Applicant. The Canadian Sponsoring spouse is then listed next under "Spouse"?

- You then list your children in Section B, even if they are Canadian and won't be sponsored?

I'm also thrown by the talk of the two forms? "The applicant in one form will become the spouse in other?"

Also, can someone confirm this.... isn't the "Supplementary Infomation - Your Travels" something that only needs to be filled out if you are applying to the PARIS visa office? I did the whole list of travels from 18 only to read this (on the Appendix A Checklist Q13) and be gutted I'd lost a day of my life!
Old Jun 29th 2011, 7:05 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

The form is for those who are immigrating which a sponsoring spouse is not of course.