Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Question for Experts - Passport Request

Question for Experts - Passport Request

Old Aug 23rd 2004, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

sukhy2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question for Experts - Passport Request

Hello

I am wodnering if anyone can help.

CHC London sent me a passport request form on saturday, I am mailing it to them tomorrow, but I have a question about one of their requirments.

They ask I send a 23cm by 33cm self addressed envelope. Why so big? I have a 18 by 24, hard back (please do not bend) envelope, which should be sufficent to fit my passport in. Is this ok? Or do they send other documents back too which is why they request a big envelope?

Hope to hear from someone soon as I would like to mail it out tomorrow morning.

SUkhy
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 10:36 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question for Experts - Passport Request

There is more than just a passport what you'll be getting back.

Originally Posted by sukhy2
Hello

CHC London sent me a passport request form on saturday, I am mailing it to them tomorrow, but I have a question about one of their requirments.

They ask I send a 23cm by 33cm self addressed envelope. Why so big? I have a 18 by 24, hard back (please do not bend) envelope, which should be sufficent to fit my passport in. Is this ok? Or do they send other documents back too which is why they request a big envelope?

SUkhy
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

So what you are saying is that I should send a big envelope?

What else do they send back?
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 10:49 am
The ECA Godfather

MJ23 will become famous soon enough

As long as the visa stamp is there, they can send whatever they want, even dead fish! Come on man, send them the envelope they asked for. Save yourself the headache!
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 10:49 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

You will receive documents and forms needed to complete the landing process - COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence) among them. Visa post wouldn't ask for specific size if it wouldn't be needed.

But you may also ask London to send it back to you by FedEx as long as you provide envelope and prepaid waybill.

Old Aug 23rd 2004, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Andrew

Much appreciated.

Sukhy
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 1:51 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

This whole thread seems to be about someone who wants to know why a visa office sends a very specific request. Apparently they do not want to do that for some reason and ask here whether there is an alternative. It takes several back and forths to convince the perosn that the visa office knows what it is doing and that therefore the best thing is to do as asked. What is the point? Do as asked unless it is truly impossibly inconvenient.

Thanks Andrew

Much appreciated.

Sukhy
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

shriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really nice

Hello

SUkhy

Do not mail it, courier it and request CIC to courier it back to you as Mr Miller suggested. There was a recent thread about a passport lost in the mail after CIC London mailed it ..... type "girlwithnoname" in the search box and read the archived thread.