Question for Experts

Old Apr 24th 2006, 3:25 am
Forum Regular

Tareq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question for Experts

Experts,

In the Sponsored Spouse/Partner questionnaire,

Qs 17. Was your marriage arranged?
If the marriage is arranged by Parents, even though we have to write "NO" here , b/c Arrange here specially means( Friends, relatives or brokers). Plz correct me if i m wrong.

Qs 27. Have you and your sponsor lived together?
Give dates of periods of cohabitation.
Here, i have written the amount of time ,we have lived together after marriage(i.e 5 months).
Correct me if i m wrong.

Thanks.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 7:01 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question for Experts

Originally Posted by Tareq
Experts,

In the Sponsored Spouse/Partner questionnaire,

Qs 17. Was your marriage arranged?
If the marriage is arranged by Parents, even though we have to write "NO" here , b/c Arrange here specially means( Friends, relatives or brokers). Plz correct me if i m wrong.

Qs 27. Have you and your sponsor lived together?
Give dates of periods of cohabitation.
Here, i have written the amount of time ,we have lived together after marriage(i.e 5 months).
Correct me if i m wrong.

Thanks.
Your marriage was arranged so your answer is yes. They ask by who and you answer that it was by your parents.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Your marriage was arranged so your answer is yes. They ask by who and you answer that it was by your parents.

Thanks Jim for your reply. I would state here cleary Qs 17. than you will realize why i m confused about this:

Qs :17 in Sponsored Spouse/Partner Questionnaire asks?
Was your marriage arranged? FOLLOWED BY:
An arranged marriage is a marriage that was arranged by relatives, friends or brokers(matchmakers).

ME: Now, Jim here you see nothing is mentioned about Parents so do you still think i should write "YES" here.

And what about the other question?

I will really appreciate all the answers .
Old Apr 24th 2006, 9:00 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tareq
Thanks Jim for your reply. I would state here cleary Qs 17. than you will realize why i m confused about this:

Qs :17 in Sponsored Spouse/Partner Questionnaire asks?
Was your marriage arranged? FOLLOWED BY:
An arranged marriage is a marriage that was arranged by relatives, friends or brokers(matchmakers).

ME: Now, Jim here you see nothing is mentioned about Parents so do you still think i should write "YES" here.

And what about the other question?

I will really appreciate all the answers .
You know - your parents are your closest "relatives", and that is why the answer is "yes". Good luck with your application. IT should be OK.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
You know - your parents are your closest "relatives", and that is why the answer is "yes". Good luck with your application. IT should be OK.
Ok Jim , i got your point. So i would write "YES" and tell you one more thing that in qs 3...
Did anyone (individual or organization ) introduce you to your sponsor?
i've written the name of my Maternal Uncle and not my Parent's and hope it would not be conflicting with questions 17. regarding the arrangement of my marriage.

Sometimes, only one question confuses you so much.
Old May 2nd 2006, 8:43 am
Just Joined

rbaccaray is an unknown quantity at this point

be careful when you answer this question. you may want to answer this question with a "no". but if your marriage was indeed arrange then just be honest to answer yes.