Question for any professional :-)

Old Jan 20th 2002, 11:05 am
Just Joined

Sorcha is an unknown quantity at this point

I am an Irish citizen in the process of waiting for an interview date in London for PR. I recieved my AOR on October 10th 2001. And now subsequently understand my pass rate is at the higher standard of 75 points. I am 23 years of age, self employed and run my own business, as a film editor with 3 years experience. I have an unvalidated job offer in Toronto, I don't have a university degree, but do obviously speak and write fluent English and have a good command of French.

I suppose my concern is, with 10 interview points at stake, I could very easily miss PR by a single point. Would any professionals have any pointers or extra advice on how to better my chances? Also, should I miss PR by one or two points, is it advisable to appeal the decision, and how successful are appeals in general terms? And do Immigration Interviewers use much discretion to grant a visa to an applicant they deem suitable, if they are a little short on points?

Thank you in advance,
Sincerely, Sorcha.
Old Jan 20th 2002, 11:49 am
Andrew Miller

First of all you still have a pretty good chance to receive interview waiver or even
pass the interview if one is required before the implementation of new law, so if
this will be the case then you don't need to worry about new rules.

Second, processing officers will have the discretion to approve the case with less
points than pass mark if in their opinion applicant has good chances in establishing
himself/herself economically in Canada, so with well prepared application package
strongly presenting your qualifications, skills and abilities to succeed you
shouldn't worry about few points.

It is impossible to give you any pointers without knowing all details of your case,
so you may contact me directly for evaluation of your chances.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >