Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Question for Andrew regarding CEC/PR as SW applications

Question for Andrew regarding CEC/PR as SW applications

Old Jan 28th 2008, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

Frozenrose is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question for Andrew regarding CEC/PR as SW applications

Hi Andrew et al.

I have a quick [hopefully!] question regarding this CEC situation. I have gone to school at Ryerson and am currently working in Toronto, and hoping that my work will be able to apply to HRSDC regarding an extension of my one year work visa [the one you get after you graduate] I applied for PR through the SW category in September and received a letter back in October with my immigration number to advice that my application is being processed [however I cannot find it on the cic.gc.ca website on the 'application status' page search [which slightly bothers me] My questions are
a. should I contact buffalo to notify them of this [that I cannot find any information regarding processing]
b. is it possible to reapply through the CEC [or have two applications in the system at once] when the CEC comes in to effect
c. what are the normal wait times on buffalo applications for the standard 'brit-student-now working in canada' scenerio
Any and all help will be appreciated.
Thanks for your time!
Old Jan 28th 2008, 5:23 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question for Andrew regarding CEC/PR as SW applications

Originally Posted by Frozenrose
a. should I contact buffalo to notify them of this [that I cannot find any information regarding processing]
Almost half of applicants cannot access their file on e-cas and Buffalo has nothing to do, they cannot fix it. It is not a perfect (not even close to) system. Even if you are able to access it you won't see any details - only "in process" or "decision has been made and we'll contact you" (even if it is one of many decisions during the process not resulting in anything being mailed to you. Forget about it - nothing will happen to your file for at least 10 to 14 months from submission - if package was poorly prepared then nothing will happen for even longer.

b. is it possible to reapply through the CEC [or have two applications in the system at once] when the CEC comes in to effect
You may always withdraw your current application and submit new one.

c. what are the normal wait times on buffalo applications for the standard 'brit-student-now working in canada' scenerio
There are no "normal times" - well prepared and 100% conclusive applications resulting in interview waiver are completed at present in Buffalo from just under 12 to 15 months. Poorly prepared cases, with inconclusive evidence and/or security issues may take 1 to 2 years longer.

Note that once CEC is implemented SW applications in Buffalo will start experiencing longer and longer processing times as the top processing priority, resources and visa quotas will be given to CEC cases.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

Frozenrose is an unknown quantity at this point

So it is not possible to have a CEC PR application and a regular PR application running simultaniously...?

Oivay this situation is frustrating.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:33 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Person can have only one PR application in process.