Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Question for Andrew, Police certificates

Question for Andrew, Police certificates

Old Jul 25th 2005, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

TheTonkins is on a distinguished road
Default Question for Andrew, Police certificates

Skilled worker application, London office.
We are at the end of the documentation-gathering process, but our Police Certificates were issued 30th April 2005. It says on the Guide (IMMEG 7000) that the certificates should have been issued in the last three months. If I am unable to post off our application by the end of this week (since I am picking up the Canadian dollar drafts needed this Thursday), would it be safer to apply for new certificates, and delay the process "now rather than later"?

It does not mention anywhere on the Visa Office Specific (London) checklist about the three months, (unless it is really well hidden) - but I wouldn't want my application returned for the sake of being a few days overdue with these certificates, if this is a strict rule applying to everyone.

Should we play safe and order new ones, which means waiting another four weeks or so, or send in the application now with the ones we have, and then forward new ones as soon as they come in?
I will follow your advice Andrew, thanks!
Old Jul 25th 2005, 12:43 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question for Andrew, Police certificates

Originally Posted by TheTonkins
We are at the end of the documentation-gathering process, but our Police Certificates were issued 30th April 2005. It says on the Guide (IMMEG 7000) that the certificates should have been issued in the last three months. If I am unable to post off our application by the end of this week (since I am picking up the Canadian dollar drafts needed this Thursday), would it be safer to apply for new certificates, and delay the process "now rather than later"?

It does not mention anywhere on the Visa Office Specific (London) checklist about the three months, (unless it is really well hidden) - but I wouldn't want my application returned for the sake of being a few days overdue with these certificates, if this is a strict rule applying to everyone.

Should we play safe and order new ones, which means waiting another four weeks or so, or send in the application now with the ones we have, and then forward new ones as soon as they come in?
I personally would ask u to send it without the PCC and send the PCC after u get it
Old Jul 25th 2005, 2:06 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Amancharan good to see you still on here, how is life in Montreal treating you....are you settled yet ?

We are aiming to fly out to BC on 3rd Sept- all being well ! yay a yay it's getting very real.

Rich.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 2:50 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by TheTonkins

Send it with the PCCs now, if they want an update they will ask. If you don't include them, there is a good chance your application will be return 3/4 months down the road when it is reviewed.

PMM
Old Jul 25th 2005, 3:11 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Hi Amancharan good to see you still on here, how is life in Montreal treating you....are you settled yet ?

We are aiming to fly out to BC on 3rd Sept- all being well ! yay a yay it's getting very real.

Rich.
Life is settling down mate!!!!
Got a nice job, so hoping to count on it! Montreal is a nice place and I am kinda getting adapted to Montreal's life!
Its nice that u are around here too! We guys shouldnt leave this website and the fellow forum members as they gave us a lot of info and courage to keep going!
Keeing saying "yaaaaaaaay" and enjoy life
cheers mate
amy
Old Jul 25th 2005, 3:23 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amancharan
Its nice that u are around here too! We guys shouldnt leave this website and the fellow forum members as they gave us a lot of info and courage to keep going!
Totally agree !!! Great to add some value to the forum. Advice is what we all came here seeking back in the dim and very distant days. Glad things are god for you

Rich.