question for Andrew-Ontario

Old Mar 31st 2008, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

snakebite will become famous soon enoughsnakebite will become famous soon enough
Default question for Andrew-Ontario

or anyone that knows!

I have some job interviews set up in April in and around the Toronto area.
I know a lot of this is the employers responsibility, but assuming success follows,
is it likely that the PnP route is best (quicker?), or TWP with a positive LMO?
I just want to be armed in case the potential employer hasn't got any experience in this, and any process doesn't fall over before it starts!

I've checked the Wiki, and the OUP list for Ontario is very short, and doesn't include auto refinishing, but does this absolutely preclude sponsorship by an employer?

many thanks!
Old Mar 31st 2008, 6:22 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: question for Andrew-Ontario

Hi

Originally Posted by snakebite
or anyone that knows!

I have some job interviews set up in April in and around the Toronto area.
I know a lot of this is the employers responsibility, but assuming success follows,
is it likely that the PnP route is best (quicker?), or TWP with a positive LMO?
I just want to be armed in case the potential employer hasn't got any experience in this, and any process doesn't fall over before it starts!

I've checked the Wiki, and the OUP list for Ontario is very short, and doesn't include auto refinishing, but does this absolutely preclude sponsorship by an employer?

many thanks!
PNP in Ontario is a pilot project, only about 500 visas. Since they probably gone, and your trade is not in the list, any employer is going to have to get an approved LMO if you wish to work prior to emigration and you will have to get a work permit. If you don't wish to work prior the employer would have to get an approved Arranged Employment Option.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

snakebite will become famous soon enoughsnakebite will become famous soon enough
Default Re: question for Andrew-Ontario

thank you. Sounds like it's worth seeing if the emplyer can get an LMO before going all the way over for an interview!