Question for Andrew Miller

Old May 28th 2004, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

MadHatters will become famous soon enoughMadHatters will become famous soon enough
Default Question for Andrew Miller

Andrew

I was reading previous discussion regarding score for education and I got confused. I just got my masters degree in US. That means that I got 17 years of full time study and therefore 25 points. Is that right?
Now i am considering to continue with my PhD but I would like to apply to canadian immigration since that would help me to work on internships during summer. How can I apply without been rejected since I will be here for the next 4 years?

thanks

Mad Hatters
Old May 28th 2004, 3:34 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question for Andrew Miller

If you have got your Master's after 17 years of full time (or full time equivalent) education then you'll get 25 points. Note that kindergarten doesn't count - education counts from the first grade of elementary school.

As for the second question - can you be more specific or rephrase your question? I don't really know what it is exactly you are asking for.

Originally posted by MadHatters
Andrew

I was reading previous discussion regarding score for education and I got confused. I just got my masters degree in US. That means that I got 17 years of full time study and therefore 25 points. Is that right?
Now i am considering to continue with my PhD but I would like to apply to canadian immigration since that would help me to work on internships during summer. How can I apply without been rejected since I will be here for the next 4 years?

thanks

Mad Hatters
Old May 28th 2004, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

MadHatters will become famous soon enoughMadHatters will become famous soon enough

My second question is that I am starting my PhD program in US. It will take 4 more years. In the meantime I want to apply for canadian immigration since it will take a while. Every summer I can apply for internships in any industry. Therefore If I get the canadian residence It would be easier to apply for any internship in canada during summer. However, I heard that since I will be here for 4 more years they would reject my application. How can I apply, not be rejected and then get any summer internship job in canada? It is mor clear now?

Originally posted by Andrew Miller
If you have got your Master's after 17 years of full time (or full time equivalent) education then you'll get 25 points. Note that kindergarten doesn't count - education counts from the first grade of elementary school.

As for the second question - can you be more specific or rephrase your question? I don't really know what it is exactly you are asking for.
Old May 28th 2004, 6:45 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

It may be tricky as Buffalo is lately questionning more often intentions of applicants residing temporary in US. Contact me directly please.

My second question is that I am starting my PhD program in US. It will take 4 more years. In the meantime I want to apply for canadian immigration since it will take a while. Every summer I can apply for internships in any industry. Therefore If I get the canadian residence It would be easier to apply for any internship in canada during summer. However, I heard that since I will be here for 4 more years they would reject my application. How can I apply, not be rejected and then get any summer internship job in canada? It is mor clear now?
Old May 28th 2004, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

Default Contacting you

How can I contact you directly?

Mad Hatters
Old May 28th 2004, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

bighead is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Contacting you

How can I contact you directly?

Mad Hatters
send him an email