Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Question about teenage child/court order to bring child to Canada and Visa Office

Question about teenage child/court order to bring child to Canada and Visa Office

Old Jan 24th 2013, 11:27 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Question about teenage child/court order to bring child to Canada and Visa Office

I was asked this by one of BE's twitter followers but I don't know the first thing about the process of migration to Canada so couldn't help this person. But I said I would post here and ask you wonderful chaps if any of you had any experience of this you could share.
-------
"We are in the process of Canadian PR and have applied to the courts for permission to remove 2 of the children (different fathers) from UK jurisdiction.

My daughter who is 16yrs intends to emigrate and join us in Canada once she finishes her college course in Jul14. Her dad does not want her to emigrate even though she will be 18yr by this time but the London visa office require permission for removal for her now as she is currently 16yr.

If the court grants me permission to remove her for Canadian immigration purposes (as in the UK a 16yo can decide where they want to live as per the childrens act law) but states on the order that this will be effective once she completes college will the London Visa office still accept this, and continue processing our application, or will any mention on the order of Jul14 migration be unacceptable?"

----------
Thanks for any thoughts you can share.
Old Jan 25th 2013, 1:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about teenage child/court order to bring child to Canada and Visa Office

Originally Posted by Sue
I was asked this by one of BE's twitter followers but I don't know the first thing about the process of migration to Canada so couldn't help this person. But I said I would post here and ask you wonderful chaps if any of you had any experience of this you could share.
-------
"We are in the process of Canadian PR and have applied to the courts for permission to remove 2 of the children (different fathers) from UK jurisdiction.

My daughter who is 16yrs intends to emigrate and join us in Canada once she finishes her college course in Jul14. Her dad does not want her to emigrate even though she will be 18yr by this time but the London visa office require permission for removal for her now as she is currently 16yr.

If the court grants me permission to remove her for Canadian immigration purposes (as in the UK a 16yo can decide where they want to live as per the childrens act law) but states on the order that this will be effective once she completes college will the London Visa office still accept this, and continue processing our application, or will any mention on the order of Jul14 migration be unacceptable?"

----------
Thanks for any thoughts you can share.
It is very, very unlikely that the Court will grant her permission to be removed from the jurisdiction at a later date. The Court will either accept that it is in her best interests to have permission to leave, or it won't. The decision as to when she leaves is one for her/her mother to make. I believe the person making the enquiry has little to worry about.