question about sponsering parent

Old Nov 8th 2005, 2:05 pm
dax
Just Joined

dax is an unknown quantity at this point
Default question about sponsering parent

Hello everyone,

We are currently living in BC, we have been here for 7 months and have been fortunate to get jobs and a decent home. We had intended to sponser my mother early next year from England. However I have just receive news that she has had a slight stroke. We were wondering if this will effect her application we know that she will most likely be not admitted under H&C grounds. But we are able to care for her and she has her own funds as well. Should we still proceed with the application. I don't want to raise her hope that she will come to live with me only to have to let her down. Thanks in advance for your replies.
Old Nov 8th 2005, 3:13 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: question about sponsering parent

Originally Posted by dax
Hello everyone,

We are currently living in BC, we have been here for 7 months and have been fortunate to get jobs and a decent home. We had intended to sponser my mother early next year from England. However I have just receive news that she has had a slight stroke. We were wondering if this will effect her application we know that she will most likely be not admitted under H&C grounds. But we are able to care for her and she has her own funds as well. Should we still proceed with the application. I don't want to raise her hope that she will come to live with me only to have to let her down. Thanks in advance for your replies.
No one can really answer this question as it would depend on her medical condition and prognosis.