Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Question about Service Canada and employment history

Question about Service Canada and employment history

Old Aug 10th 2016, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Magawish has a reputation beyond reputeMagawish has a reputation beyond reputeMagawish has a reputation beyond reputeMagawish has a reputation beyond reputeMagawish has a reputation beyond reputeMagawish has a reputation beyond reputeMagawish has a reputation beyond reputeMagawish has a reputation beyond reputeMagawish has a reputation beyond reputeMagawish has a reputation beyond reputeMagawish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Question about Service Canada and employment history

Hi

I was wondering if anyone know the answer to this.

I was made redundant from my job in Alberta last year.

If I apply for a new job with a different company will the new company have access to my employment history via Service Canada?
Will the new company see that I had been previously been made redundant ? Also could any new employer see that I had previously been added to an LMIA should they apply for one themselves?

Reason being I may apply for a new job and I was unsure about how much any new employer would have about my work history.

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 11th 2016, 2:05 am
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about Service Canada and employment history

Originally Posted by Magawish
Hi

I was wondering if anyone know the answer to this.

I was made redundant from my job in Alberta last year.

If I apply for a new job with a different company will the new company have access to my employment history via Service Canada?
Will the new company see that I had been previously been made redundant ? Also could any new employer see that I had previously been added to an LMIA should they apply for one themselves?

Reason being I may apply for a new job and I was unsure about how much any new employer would have about my work history.

Thanks in advance
I don't believe Service Canada will have any record of your employment history. More likely to be Canadian Immigration. You should probably advise them of your possible job change. DO NOT try and deceive the Government as to your status. It may have serious repercussions for you.
Old Aug 11th 2016, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about Service Canada and employment history

No, an employer does not/will not have access to Service Canada records, whether they exist or not, nor will they know you have had a previous LMIA/TWP, unless you tell them. You might need to tell them, & I don't see why doing so would be a problem?

As PC says, don't lie to either an employer or the Gubmint (I realise your post shows no evidence of wishing or intending to do so).

Last edited by Shirtback; Aug 11th 2016 at 12:12 pm. Reason: Read up on OP's background, my question about status in Canada was irrelevant.