Question about printing emails

Old Dec 7th 2011, 4:54 am
Just Joined

darcyih is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question about printing emails

Hello,

In what format should emails be submitted for evidence of the relationship? Is it ok to paste them into a word doc?

I'm applying for spousal sponsorship via my Canadian husband. We were long distance for the first 10 months of our (2 year) relationship, so we have a TON of emails to submit, and have been advised by a lawyer friend-of-friend to put lots of them in. Can we just paste them into word docs (so we don't have to have one email per page - a lot of them are strings of a few short sentences interspersed with longer ones, and gchats)?

Sorry if this has been answered before - have tried searching under a few different terms, but "email" and "printing emails" and similar things come up rather a lot!

Thanks!
(and good luck to any of you who are currently waiting!)
Old Dec 7th 2011, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about printing emails

Originally Posted by darcyih
Hello,

In what format should emails be submitted for evidence of the relationship? Is it ok to paste them into a word doc?

I'm applying for spousal sponsorship via my Canadian husband. We were long distance for the first 10 months of our (2 year) relationship, so we have a TON of emails to submit, and have been advised by a lawyer friend-of-friend to put lots of them in. Can we just paste them into word docs (so we don't have to have one email per page - a lot of them are strings of a few short sentences interspersed with longer ones, and gchats)?

Sorry if this has been answered before - have tried searching under a few different terms, but "email" and "printing emails" and similar things come up rather a lot!

Thanks!
(and good luck to any of you who are currently waiting!)
Hi, I cant comment on what everyone else has done but heres what I did.

Find the longest threads of emails and print them straight from google (didnt paste into word) yes it takes alot of pages, but looks alot more genuine. Theres about 40 pages worth - yes thats alot but better too much than not enough.

I also did screen captures of a inbox search of my partner showing the subjects and dates everything was sent/received. Theres about 8 pages of these.

hope that helps!
Old Dec 7th 2011, 9:15 am
Just Joined

Thanks Chris!

My concern is because, there are often strings of emails which are great in terms of being full of (a) affection, and (b) day-to-day admin, *but* they have, amongst it all, the odd bit of, shall we say, fruitiness. Which we were advised (obviously) to leave out. I just figured if we pasted them into word, we could just take out those fruity sentences that are among the non-fruity ones.

The inbox screen grab thing is a *brilliant idea (we have 97 pages worth of these in our gmails!), thank you!
Old Dec 7th 2011, 9:24 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Chris!

My concern is because, there are often strings of emails which are great in terms of being full of (a) affection, and (b) day-to-day admin, *but* they have, amongst it all, the odd bit of, shall we say, fruitiness. Which we were advised (obviously) to leave out. I just figured if we pasted them into word, we could just take out those fruity sentences that are among the non-fruity ones.

The inbox screen grab thing is a *brilliant idea (we have 97 pages worth of these in our gmails!), thank you!
Just run a black marker through the fruity words
Old Dec 7th 2011, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Chris!

I would hold up on putting them into word just because you can type anything you want into word, I know with the knowledge/time you can do probably the same thing in a internet browser but it just looks better and more official in my opinion, this is why I included the screen grabs too, it just backs it up!

I have a similar issue with the sensitive emails, the way I am going to address it is just take out the pages that have those sorts of things in it. I dont think they want to see every email you have ever sent to each other. Just continuous communication over a period of time you are apart..

I would avoid marking out sentences too, it might look like your hiding something, better to be open and honest with everything you provide, dont want them questioning anything that results in it slowing down the app!
Old Dec 8th 2011, 12:00 am
Just Joined

Thanks you guys! Realy helpful