Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

question about police clearance from country of origin

Wikiposts

question about police clearance from country of origin

Old Nov 9th 2004, 8:45 am
Just Joined

mochi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default question about police clearance from country of origin

Dear all, I would like to ask a question about submitting police clearance from my country of origin.

When I was 18 years and 10 months, I came to USA to study and work until now. I have never gone back to Indonesia for more than 2-3 weeks.

I understand that since I lived in Indonesia for more than 6 months after I turned 18, I need to submit police clearance from Indonesia, in addition to FBI clearance.

I submitted my application 2 weeks ago without FBI report. Yesterday I received my FBI report back and I am planning to submit to CIC. In the meantime, I am still trying to get a police report from Indonesia. It is a bit hard since I am not physically there, but it looks like it is possible.

My questions are:
1. Do I need to submit the Indonesian police clearance?
2. Should I wait for the AOR and file number before submitting my FBI report to supplement my application? or can I submit it now?

Thank you very much for all your help and attention. Much appreciated
Old Nov 9th 2004, 11:32 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: question about police clearance from country of origin

Yes, you need police certificate from Indonesia.

Now wait for file number and submit FBI and pc from Indonesia.

Originally Posted by mochi
Dear all, I would like to ask a question about submitting police clearance from my country of origin.

When I was 18 years and 10 months, I came to USA to study and work until now. I have never gone back to Indonesia for more than 2-3 weeks.

I understand that since I lived in Indonesia for more than 6 months after I turned 18, I need to submit police clearance from Indonesia, in addition to FBI clearance.

I submitted my application 2 weeks ago without FBI report. Yesterday I received my FBI report back and I am planning to submit to CIC. In the meantime, I am still trying to get a police report from Indonesia. It is a bit hard since I am not physically there, but it looks like it is possible.

My questions are:
1. Do I need to submit the Indonesian police clearance?
2. Should I wait for the AOR and file number before submitting my FBI report to supplement my application? or can I submit it now?

Thank you very much for all your help and attention. Much appreciated
Old Nov 9th 2004, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

mochi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: question about police clearance from country of origin

Mr. Miller, again, thank you very much for your advice. I will wait to Indonesian police report and mail together after receiving file number.

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Yes, you need police certificate from Indonesia.

Now wait for file number and submit FBI and pc from Indonesia.