Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

question about notarized documents

question about notarized documents

Old Jul 5th 2002, 8:20 am
Waterships

Default question about notarized documents

It seems that instead of supplying photocopies of documents (pre 28 June) we now have
to get everything 'notarized' (post 28 June). Why is this? It is a very expensive
process. I have been quoted £5 per document (of which I have about 60). I am happy to
supply the originals for inspection at interview (if I get that far) but I refuse to
supply original copies of qualifications or job references I have carefully collected
over 10 years and more as I have in the past lost originals this way and don't want
to lose any more.

Also, I know that we have to submit the original police clearance certificate and
that is fine, but when I took a second copy and one for my records it clearly said
'FRAUD' all over the copy. (good idea but....) I see no point in going through the
40-day/£10 a go process to get more original copies. Will photocopies be acceptable?

BJ
--
TEST-End of messageTEST-

Old Jul 5th 2002, 9:20 am
Andrew Miller

Default Re: question about notarized documents

New rules are designed to process applications without the interview and this is why
certified copies are required (BTW - they always were required under the old law as
well, at least by most visa posts). And who said that application process must be
cheap? But you may try to shop around and you may find a notary or a lawyer who will
certify copies as "true copies" for much less, especially when you come with a whole
bunch of those to be made at once.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
millercicanada.com (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

"waterships" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > It seems that instead of supplying photocopies of documents (pre 28 June) we now
    > have to get everything 'notarized' (post 28 June). Why is this? It is a very
    > expensive process. I have been quoted £5 per document (of which I have about 60). I
    > am happy to supply the originals for inspection at interview (if I get that far)
    > but I refuse to supply original copies of qualifications or job references I have
    > carefully collected over 10 years and more as I have in the past lost originals
    > this way and don't want to lose any more.
    >
    > Also, I know that we have to submit the original police clearance certificate and
    > that is fine, but when I took a second copy and one for my records it clearly said
    > 'FRAUD' all over the copy. (good idea but....) I see no point in going through the
    > 40-day/£10 a go process to get more original copies. Will photocopies be
    > acceptable?
    >
    > BJ
    > --
    > TEST-End of messageTEST-

Old Jul 14th 2002, 12:20 am
Gilbert

What happens to folks who submitted applications in months before June 28th 2002 and
say after April 2002. Will they now have to send all the copies notarized etc?

Regards Gilbert

"Andrew Miller" <millercitelus.net> wrote in message
news:<[email protected] >...
    > New rules are designed to process applications without the interview and this is
    > why certified copies are required (BTW - they always were required under the old
    > law as well, at least by most visa posts). And who said that application process
    > must be cheap? But you may try to shop around and you may find a notary or a lawyer
    > who will certify copies as "true copies" for much less, especially when you come
    > with a whole bunch of those to be made at once.
    >
    > --
    >
    > ../..
    >
    > Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
    > millercicanada.com (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
    > sending email)
    > ________________________________

Old Jul 14th 2002, 4:20 am
Andrew Miller

If visa post required before June 28th to have all copies of supporting documents to
be certified (and most visa posts required such) then your application package may
still be returned to you or at least you lost your chances for the interview waiver.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
millercicanada.com (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

"Gilbert" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > What happens to folks who submitted applications in months before June 28th 2002
    > and say after April 2002. Will they now have to send all the copies notarized etc?
    >
    > Regards Gilbert
    >
    >
    > "Andrew Miller" <millercitelus.net> wrote in message
news:<[email protected] >...
    > > New rules are designed to process applications without the interview and
this
    > > is why certified copies are required (BTW - they always were required under
the
    > > old law as well, at least by most visa posts). And who said that
application
    > > process must be cheap? But you may try to shop around and you may find a
notary
    > > or a lawyer who will certify copies as "true copies" for much less,
especially
    > > when you come with a whole bunch of those to be made at once.
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > ../..
    > >
    > > Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
    > > millercicanada.com (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
    > > sending email)
    > > ________________________________

Old Jul 14th 2002, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

McGill is an unknown quantity at this point

Waterships,

Where do you see that all copies need to be notarized? I've read that only docs that have been translated need for their official translations to be notarized...is that what you mean?

Thanks,
McGill
Old Jul 25th 2002, 10:20 pm
Stevey

McGill <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Waterships,
    >
    > Where do you see that all copies need to be notarized? I've read that only docs
    > that have been translated need for their official translations to be notarized...is
    > that what you mean?
    >
    > Thanks, McGill
    >
    >
    >
    > --

Hi McGill

Almost all Visa Specific Instructions now require ALL documents to be notarized
except originals (see first para of instructions). Examples of Orginal documents
required are IELTS report card and the Police Clearance certificate. This can cost
you anything from a small packet to a princely sum depending upon your bargaining
skills for bulk discounts

Regards....