Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Question about the medical side of things.....

Question about the medical side of things.....

Old Jan 27th 2010, 1:25 am
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of
Default Re: Question about the medical side of things.....

Originally Posted by Babycoach
From a nurse who has been through this twice and been involved in the professional side of doing medicals say nothing unless asked. ... and then say the minimum to answer the question. Woffling on will just end up you spilling the beans on something you later wish you hadn't mentioned.
Take the time to learn meditation and yoga...while you wait so your BP will come down and you will be calm and confident.
Thanks for advice Babycoach,

Will keep quiet unless asked but take supporting letters etc with just in case. Tests aren't treatment are they so won't be lying!

Tracy
Old Jan 27th 2010, 3:06 am

MrMrsChapman is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Babycoach, great advice

Good luck to you too Tracey
Old Jan 27th 2010, 3:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

A few random musings:

Answer all questions truthfully.

The examination of the c-section scar was probably to check the skin-incision location and size. And also to check that the patient didn't forget about a bunch of other procedures - childhood appendicectomy, gall-bladder removal. The whole abdomen should have been examined.

Patients who are now feeling well at the time or were cured/treated often don't recall their condition.

Also, some doctors/nurses pose questions inappropriately eg Do you have high blood pressure? answer by patient = no. They don't because they take medication which lowers the BP. But from the medical perspective, they have treated hypertension.

Having been given a diagnosis of Crohn's is relevant, and even more so if it was on the basis of a tissue biopsy. You must declare it on the medical forms.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
A few random musings:

Answer all questions truthfully.

The examination of the c-section scar was probably to check the skin-incision location and size. And also to check that the patient didn't forget about a bunch of other procedures - childhood appendicectomy, gall-bladder removal. The whole abdomen should have been examined.

Patients who are now feeling well at the time or were cured/treated often don't recall their condition.

Also, some doctors/nurses pose questions inappropriately eg Do you have high blood pressure? answer by patient = no. They don't because they take medication which lowers the BP. But from the medical perspective, they have treated hypertension.

Having been given a diagnosis of Crohn's is relevant, and even more so if it was on the basis of a tissue biopsy. You must declare it on the medical forms.
Thanks for reply,

I pride myself on the fact that I never lie, (unless a girlfreind asks does my b*m look big in this and she has already bought it!), lying gets you no-where.

Honesty is the best policy so they say and I wouldn't dream of answering a question verbal or written dishonestly.

I'll just take along letters from my GP and consultants explaining history. I certainly agree about forgeting illness' once you feel well again! Maybe I should get a print out of all our medical history in case I forget something.

We'll have even more to tell them when we finally get to medical stage, just found out our daughter needs to have pollops in nose and adenoids removed and OH is going to have a mole removed in a couple of weeks too.

All routine stuff, (hopefully mole will prove to be fine, doctor doesn't even think it needs taking off, just keep an eye on it he said! But we thought better just get rid).