Question about LMO....

Old Jul 23rd 2008, 6:28 pm
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question about LMO....

As some may know, I've been waiting for my LMO (Alberta) for what seems like ages- end of April/beginning of May.
My employer is a multinational company, with hundreds of offices around the world. The Edmonton office employs a reasonable number of people, and because of the overall size of the company, its not really as straight forward of having a vacancy, advertising for it for 3 months etc. ie/ theres a constant churn of staff, vacancies all the time etc.

In these circumstances, would HRSDC apply the same criteria as if it was a small company? I may be wrong, but I suspect the position I'm planned to fill might not satisfy the LMO criteria of being advertised for "x" months.

The solicitor handling this says I shouldnt worry, and he's certain it will go through. However, the delays in getting a decision are only adding to my anxiety!

If anyone could put me out of misery on this issue, it would be much appreciated....

I should add, but they've taken on foreign staff before on TWP, so I'm probably worrying about nothing. It's the damn waiting that has shot my nerves to sh*t.

Last edited by jericho; Jul 23rd 2008 at 6:33 pm.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 4:56 pm
Account Closed

Default Re: Question about LMO....

anyone?
Old Jul 24th 2008, 6:47 pm
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

No idea - all I can tell you is that for my LMO we only advertised the position for 2 weeks and they still granted it. My job wasn't on the under pressure list at the time either. It really depends on so many other factors... be patient and see what happens..
Old Jul 24th 2008, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

pete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant future

Hi

My LMO was dealt with by the Alberta office....and I guess my company is fairly small. My post was advertised for about a month but they had advertised previously in different provinces.

My LMO took 27 weeks to come through, it was a total nightmare.

Pete
Old Jul 24th 2008, 8:33 pm
Account Closed

cheers. at least i know theres a chance...
Old Jul 24th 2008, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

Sjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to all

The other day I noticed for the first time some mention of the fact that it only needs to advertised on the Job Bank site for 7 days to satisfy the requirement for advertising the job across Canada. I was just idly trawling and didn't note the actual place I saw this, but I am fairly sure it was on a CIC page.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

PaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nice

If the job is one that defined as "under pressure" - CIC have a list - then the job only needs to be advertised for 7 days and there is an excellent chance that a positive LMO will be granted.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 3:33 pm
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute

my hubby is in talks with two of canada's largest construction companies and a couple of smaller companies. one of the large companies has an application in for lmo's to employ several applicants in one swoop and the other large company hasn't and is not sure how to do it; hubby has told them how to....one of the smaller companies had never heard of lmo's and one of the other smaller companies already has it's lmo's in place to then go out and recriut.......fabel to this is that every company is different, every individuall is different; so good luck in your wait.