question about landing

Old Oct 20th 2010, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

justie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to all
Default question about landing

Hello

We have our visas sorted thankfully and are now waiting to sell our house hopefully before May when our medicals expire.
I am not sure if I dreamt it but i am sure i read somewhere that the main applicant can land on their own without the rest of the family. I have trawled through cic web site to find where i read it but now i'm beginning to doubt that this is possible. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?
Fingers crossed the house will sell earlier than this and we can all be off for good, but in the event it doesn't and i can see this is quite a possibility, i need to have a plan.
One lot of waiting turns into another, but can't complain.
Thanking you

Justie.
Old Oct 20th 2010, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

qman8166 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: question about landing

Hi Justie,

the family have 12 months from the date of the medical to land, that means all members must have activated their visas within that 12 month window by arriving in Canada.
The family can land separately, but the principal applicant must land first.

Hope that helps.

Mike
Old Oct 20th 2010, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

This is a repetation to what Mike said above, but please note his point that all members need to land before the expiration date on the visa (usualy one year from medical).

From your post it sounds like you are thinking that if the main applicant lands before that date, the rest of the family can land anytime, which is not the case. Sorry for repeating Mike's answer, just want to be sure that comes across.

Ray
Old Oct 20th 2010, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

justie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to all

Thank you both for the reply, yes, i thought i'd read if the main applicant lands it can count for us all, but common sense was niggling at me that this probably wasn't the case.
Prime example of how useful this forum can be.
Old Oct 21st 2010, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

qman8166 is on a distinguished road

Hi Justie

Absolutely not, the principal applicant cannot land for everyone. Each applicant must land but the principal applicant must land first.
You have 12 months from the date of medical to do this.

Mike