Wikiposts

Question about landing

Old Dec 30th 2004, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

sunilz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question about landing

Friends…

My visa was stamped under the skilled worker category and am supposed to enter cnda with my wife by end of September ‘05 (12 months from medical). But since my wife is carrying and the due date is in august, I may have to enter cnda alone, without my wife.

1) Is it possible for my wife to redo the medicals and then join me later (after 6 months or so)?
2) Will she have to send her passport for visa stamping again? (since the visa would have expired)
3) And what is the application process for the baby?

Thnks in advance for your advice – if possible, please show me the right links too

Sunil
Old Dec 30th 2004, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

netkit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question about landing

Originally Posted by sunilz
Friends…

My visa was stamped under the skilled worker category and am supposed to enter cnda with my wife by end of September ‘05 (12 months from medical). But since my wife is carrying and the due date is in august, I may have to enter cnda alone, without my wife.

1) Is it possible for my wife to redo the medicals and then join me later (after 6 months or so)?
2) Will she have to send her passport for visa stamping again? (since the visa would have expired)
3) And what is the application process for the baby?

Thnks in advance for your advice – if possible, please show me the right links too

Sunil
utilise the visa as per date. only those members of ur family will be immigrant who will land before expiry date. for those who will not utilise visa before expiry it will automatically revoked. there is no any way to redo medicals or extension of visa expiry once issued.

addvice to u that all members of ur family should avail visa and land as early as posible. ur wife is able to travel at this stage and better to get ur baby a born canadian
Old Dec 31st 2004, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

rahul_singh23 will become famous soon enoughrahul_singh23 will become famous soon enough

If you will not land and there is change in family structure then your valid visas will not remain valid. Make sure that you land before change in family structure and before your visa/medical expire.

Originally Posted by netkit
utilise the visa as per date. only those members of ur family will be immigrant who will land before expiry date. for those who will not utilise visa before expiry it will automatically revoked. there is no any way to redo medicals or extension of visa expiry once issued.

addvice to u that all members of ur family should avail visa and land as early as posible. ur wife is able to travel at this stage and better to get ur baby a born canadian
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

sunilz is an unknown quantity at this point

We will have just about a month and half after the due date to enter Canada.

Due date - 1st August / 12 months from Medical - end September

Once the baby is born and i inform CIC about the change in my family (with relevant documentation), will CIC deny processing the visa (for me/wife/kid) because the medical 12 months time will run out within a short period?

Or will they process the new visa for the 3 of us, (by which time the 12 months would be over), and ask us to do the medical again?

Sorry for being so specific, but i need to know my options before i make this major move in my life

Thanks again, netkit & rahul..

Andrew/Jim - looking forward to your responses too..