Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

question about interview at london

question about interview at london

Old Jan 15th 2010, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

labqi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default question about interview at london

Hi

my husband got an email today from the high commission that his file is deemed necessary to have an interview. Just to recap on the the whole process.

me (sponsor) approved in november (mississauga)
london started processing our file on december 15th (in process)
interview email today (jan 15th)

so it says in the email, you'll be advised of the interview very soon.

2 questions:

1) how long does it take london to schedule a date for the interview?
2) could my husband come to Canada on a visit visa to meet me while the process is going on for the sponorship?

Thank u
Old Jan 17th 2010, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: question about interview at london

Hi
I can't offer any help with the first part of your question.

The second part about coming to see you....there is no reason why he can't fly in for a holiday with you on a visitor visa. It would probably be wise to wait until you know when the interview will be....so he is not on holiday when he is advised of the date and being unaware could miss it.
Good luck
Stef

Originally Posted by labqi
Hi

my husband got an email today from the high commission that his file is deemed necessary to have an interview. Just to recap on the the whole process.

me (sponsor) approved in november (mississauga)
london started processing our file on december 15th (in process)
interview email today (jan 15th)

so it says in the email, you'll be advised of the interview very soon.

2 questions:

1) how long does it take london to schedule a date for the interview?
2) could my husband come to Canada on a visit visa to meet me while the process is going on for the sponorship?

Thank u
Old Jan 17th 2010, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

labqi is an unknown quantity at this point

hey thanks a lot buddy..

what I meant to ask in the 2nd question was could he visit me in canada (for 6 months) while his file is being processed and he could give them our canadian address in case they need to contact him?..even for passport request?

thanks a lot once again for replying..
Old Jan 17th 2010, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

wats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant future

hey thanks a lot buddy..

what I meant to ask in the 2nd question was could he visit me in canada (for 6 months) while his file is being processed and he could give them our canadian address in case they need to contact him?..even for passport request?

hey, I'd be interested in knowing this... so if someone can help that would be great...
Old Jan 18th 2010, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

bewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud of

hey thanks a lot buddy..

Q1: Do you have any thoughts why there might be delays with the spouse sponsored PR application?

Normal cases are processed very quickly, and if it were only going to take another 4 weeks it might make sense for him to wait in the UK and then fully move to Canada. But some cases are more complex and might take longer. After the interview you will hopefully know a lot more about what CIC is focussed on and how long it might take to resolve...

It is possible to do a "dual intent" entry into Canada. My wife did this last summer. http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...69#post7819469

The down side of this is that it is a lot futher away for getting the passport stamped.