Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

question about IELTS and file/case number?

question about IELTS and file/case number?

Old Jul 23rd 2005, 5:40 am
Just Joined

wannaknow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default question about IELTS and file/case number?

hello everybody,
i would like to find out from somebodys previous experience on IELTS test,
on the IELTS application on question 24 it asks to "provide details of academic institutions/ government agencies/professional bodies,etc... where the test results to be sent to" and right under it says to put down the case number.
i called IELTS center and the lady i talked to it says it is mandatory to put down the case # or the results will not be sent.
i don't have a case # yet from CIS because i did not applied yet.in order to apply i have to have the test results in order to claim points. it seems like a catch 22 situation.
i'm sure it is a solution to the problem but i don't know it yet::))
and by the way i have the TOEFL test score which is 243 on computer based test, is there anyway i can transfer to IELTS?
bye and take care.
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 5:59 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: question about IELTS and file/case number?

Show the lady application instruction where there is checklist listing IELTS result as one of documents required to be included in application. Or talk with different test center. TOEFL is not acceptable.

Originally Posted by wannaknow
hello everybody,
on the IELTS application on question 24 it asks to "provide details of academic institutions/ government agencies/professional bodies,etc... where the test results to be sent to" and right under it says to put down the case number.
i called IELTS center and the lady i talked to it says it is mandatory to put down the case # or the results will not be sent.
i don't have a case # yet from CIS because i did not applied yet.in order to apply i have to have the test results in order to claim points. it seems like a catch 22 situation.
and by the way i have the TOEFL test score which is 243 on computer based test, is there anyway i can transfer to IELTS?
bye and take care.
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 6:02 am
Just Joined

wannaknow is an unknown quantity at this point

so Mr. Miller, you are saying to leave blank the answer on question 24 on IELTS application? i suppose i will get back the results in the mail, right?
maybe i can mail those results to CIS with the application?
regards
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 7:00 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Not maybe. You will have to include IELTS result (original) with your application.

so Mr. Miller, you are saying to leave blank the answer on question 24 on IELTS application? i suppose i will get back the results in the mail, right?
maybe i can mail those results to CIS with the application?
regards
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

ahoo is an unknown quantity at this point

hello everybody,
bye and take care.
I wrote the IELTS in Canada Ontario before I applied under the skill worker class. I don't remember what i put down for that question. But I can tell you for sure that you can ask them to send the result to you home address. There is no way they won't send you the result since you have paid the fee. You can ask them to mail you the result and then submit the test score with your application, and that's what i did. Unless you want them to send the result directly to CIC then I guess the case # is necessary.
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

orazone is on a distinguished road

yes, i did exactly the same thing. Received original score card from IELTS test center and sent it to CIC with normal Application package. I can't recall what did i enter in that text box but i believe sending it with application package is perfectly okay. one thing is for sure, photocopies are absolutly not acceptable.

There is no way to get TOFEL converted to IELTS. You will be taking IELTS exam (General Training module).
Old Jul 26th 2005, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

John Potter is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: question about IELTS and file/case number?

Originally Posted by orazone
yes, i did exactly the same thing. Received original score card from IELTS test center and sent it to CIC with normal Application package. I can't recall what did i enter in that text box but i believe sending it with application package is perfectly okay. one thing is for sure, photocopies are absolutly not acceptable.

There is no way to get TOFEL converted to IELTS. You will be taking IELTS exam (General Training module).
I think it's OK for the Adelaide Skills Processing Centre (ASPC) to receive them from you but I think IEAust requires to get the test results directly from the test centre.
On that question 24, I would like to let it blank, in case I fail the test.
My question is: will the test centre accept to send the test to IEAust when I apply if I let this blank ? It's a also a kind of catch 22 situation because I don't take the exam because I don't know my level for sure and I won't them (IEAust) to get failed results. And I don't know my level for sure because I don't take the exam...

So, can anybody answer this:
will the test centre accept to send the test to IEAust when I apply if I let this blank ?

Thanks beforehand.

John