Wikiposts

Question about FSW status

Old Jun 27th 2010, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

AhmadQ is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Question about FSW status

Hi everybody,

As you know the 38 occupations list has been changed, and my occupation (IT Manager) no longer exist in the new 29 occupations eligible for FSW without a valid job offer.

I have already sent my application and I used an agent, kindly find below the progress of my application.

1- At 31 March I received the email below from my agent;
"Please be informed that your case has been filed with the Nova Scotia, Canada".

2- At 5 May I received email from my agent telling me that;
"The Nova Scotia office has sent back your application form with the request for the information about your children".
And I have sent them the form at the same day.

And I' am so worry now, especially that I didn’t receive my file no. till now. Also my credit card still not charged by CIC.

So could you please advise me about my case…
Is it normal to take this time without receiving the file no.? or there might be something wrong?
Will the last change affect my application?

Thanks
Ahmad
Old Jun 27th 2010, 11:57 am
FSW Cat 1

amrskipro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question about FSW status

Surely your agent sent it by recorded post so he has proof that it was received by the CIO - perhaps you should ask him to confirm what day it was received and even get a scan of the receipt emailed to you.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

AhmadQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Since it was sent by 5 May, for sure it must be delivered before 26 June.

But what about the too much delay in receiving the file no. and 120 days letter? Even I didn't have my credit card charged yet? Is this normal?
Old Jun 27th 2010, 7:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Perfectly normal, it usually takes a couple of months before cc is charged or 120 day email is sent so don't worry!

But your immigration consultant should have sent you a copy of the courier receipt (and tracking number) so make sure you get that for your records, and then you can see exactly when it was received too.