Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Question about Express Entry PR app

Question about Express Entry PR app

Old Dec 5th 2014, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about Express Entry PR app

Originally Posted by Jones89
Then if you really want an LMO why don't you just ask your boss to sign the docs and pay for it yourself. I'm not an expert in my field either, I have a regular office job but I needed an LMO, my boss agreed to sign the paper work and I have done the rest myself.
I was under the impression the company had to pay? (Although now I think of it, I may be getting myself confused with a US immigration scheme where the company has to pay out money.)

How are you getting on with it? I was under the impression that an LMO wasn't the easiest thing to get, because proving there's no Canadian to do an office job is quite hard. I was working as an Admin Asst when I lived in Van before, but always assumed it would be too low specialty to even try and get an LMO, because Canadians would be queuing up for the job.
Old Dec 5th 2014, 5:21 am
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kswoosh
I was under the impression the company had to pay? (Although now I think of it, I may be getting myself confused with a US immigration scheme where the company has to pay out money.)

How are you getting on with it? I was under the impression that an LMO wasn't the easiest thing to get, because proving there's no Canadian to do an office job is quite hard. I was working as an Admin Asst when I lived in Van before, but always assumed it would be too low specialty to even try and get an LMO, because Canadians would be queuing up for the job.
Yeah it is supposed to be the company that pays
Old Dec 5th 2014, 8:34 am
Photography Enthusiast

akabutter has a brilliant futureakabutter has a brilliant futureakabutter has a brilliant futureakabutter has a brilliant futureakabutter has a brilliant futureakabutter has a brilliant futureakabutter has a brilliant future

So, Ontario PNP International Student with job offer stream doesn't require IELTS (!) and it says on the PNP site that PNP's requirements supersede any requirement from FSW or CEC. I always thought it very weird and I was wondering if this is going to change with Express Entry. It seems to me that IELTS is a requirement for Express Entry and not something optional as well as the credentials assessment (which is not part of CEC today).

Any thoughts?
Old Dec 7th 2014, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bc2015
You could also try the PNP - I don't think the BC PNP requires an LMIA. That would also get the 600 points on offer for a job offer.
Well yes, but if I went through PNP then wouldn't there be little requirement to pursue the EE... once I have a TWP through the PNP, I just wait for the PR portion to be completed, right?