Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Question about Background info, More info Requested

Question about Background info, More info Requested

Old Feb 11th 2013, 5:16 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all
Default Re: Question about Background info, More info Requested

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
its not a case of wanting someone to eat humble pie, I certainly hope that your application isn't slowed down, I know how tough it is when you send everything you can and they still want more.

Ok, thanks. I will post if they request anything extra.

Regards

Andrew
Old Feb 11th 2013, 5:18 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chiefmissile
Ok, thanks. I will post if they request anything extra.

Regards

Andrew
Yup thats alll we can do (I have had a year of back and forth requesting further info I was at the stage of contemplating sending some DNA )
Old Feb 11th 2013, 5:35 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Yup thats alll we can do (I have had a year of back and forth requesting further info I was at the stage of contemplating sending some DNA )
Yeah, a Pooh sample springs to mind
Old Feb 11th 2013, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

AVACON is on a distinguished road

All

You are all right, depending on which version of the form you are looking at.

Prior to 2012, all the forms had instruction to complete addresses and personal history from age 18.

Since 2012, the forms only ask for all information going back 10 years.

I know because I was looking at Canada in 2010 & 2011 and have copies of the federal forms applicable at that time. When I was completing the forms in 2012, I double checked because I remembered having seen instruction asking for info from age 18 somewhere before.

If I am wrong, I stand corrected!

Last edited by AVACON; Feb 11th 2013 at 7:14 pm.
Old Feb 11th 2013, 7:12 pm
Andrew

Originally Posted by AVACON
All

You are all right, depending on which version of the form you are looking at.

Prior to 2012, all the forms had instruction to complete addresses and personal history from age 18.

Since 2012, the forms only ask for all information going back 10 years.

I know because I was looking at Canada in 2010 & 2011 and have copies of the federal forms applicable at that time. When I was completing the forms in 2012, I double checked because I remembered having since instruction asking for info from age 18 somewhere before.

If I am wrong, I stand corrected!
Thanks, I take it you did what I have done for Q8 and only put down the last 10 years? I can see why people get confused, lets hope what I submitted was correct and they don't need anymore.

Regards

Andrew
Old Feb 11th 2013, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

AVACON is on a distinguished road

Thanks, I take it you did what I have done for Q8 and only put down the last 10 years? I can see why people get confused, lets hope what I submitted was correct and they don't need anymore.

Regards

Andrew
Yes, like you, I only looked at the last 10 years. Clearly, the last 10 years is far more recent than going back to when I was 18 (feels like a 100 years ago now)
Old Feb 11th 2013, 7:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

However if my information in Q8 is incomplete as you say, then I am surprised that my application was not sent back from Sydney?
Because Sydney only do an initial completeness check i.e. that you've included everything in the application package. They don't actually check those forms, that'll happen when it's passed to London and in processing.
Old Feb 11th 2013, 7:36 pm
Andrew

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Because Sydney only do an initial completeness check i.e. that you've included everything in the application package. They don't actually check those forms, that'll happen when it's passed to London and in processing.
Look like there are going to be lots of applicants getting further info requests then regarding Q8. They are going to have to re-word the question instructions on the form, otherwise its also going to be more hassle for them too.

Regards

Andrew